Our house got broken into :-(

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Karma will catch up with these kids sooner or later. I know it bites now, but at least you are OK. Your husband's phone and tablet are replaceable, unlike yourself or those family memorabilia.

Side note: I have a large dog and I've been told that he is a burglar-deterrent. People in my neighborhood have had break-ins and all of them didn't have dogs. Of course, who wants to wrestle with Cujo to steal a smartphone? Maybe you could rescue a sweet and lovable dog from the local pound or rescue. :)

My husband has those apps/settings so that if his devices are turned on the data will be wiped and location noted etc. He has worked with computers, engineering, and developing for the department of defense for 30 plus years so he knows his way around all that (unlike his wife! Haha).

Yes, we are lucky that things that matter much more to us were not stolen as well as no one harmed. I just felt bad for my husband because he waited so long for the note 3 (talked about it FOREVER!) and then some little effwit just takes it.

As for the dog ...we have two cats whom we rescued already - who think WE live in their house! Haha. I grew up with german shepherds so I know what its like having a dog to guard the house.

Right now it wouldn't be fair to get a dog since we're not home a lot - we're in the middle of having our house rebuilt (burned down in a fire) plus running 2 businesses and dealing with my chronic pain. After we move in and things slow down though both my husband and I would love to rescue some dogs and some more cats too (if the cats allow us to bring pets into their new house, ha).

Thank you all for all the kind wishes and sympathy/empathy. We have home and phone insurance so my husband's replacement note should be arriving Mon. morning.

Thanks again all :)

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

Starchild72

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you have insurance and are able to get his Note 3 and other items replaced! As for the dog thing i have a 4 lbs Yorkie and people are terrified of him!

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear you have insurance and are able to get his Note 3 and other items replaced! As for the dog thing i have a 4 lbs Yorkie and people are terrified of him!

People are afraid of our girl cat Betty - she likes to hunt people and has absolutely NO fear of anyone or anything haha ...my husband's assistant won't come inside unless she has something to keep her away. Had she been home (they were with us - their vet is next to the grocery store - getting annual shots) I'm sure some pieces of the thieving Bs would have been left in our home!

Yes we are thankful for insurance.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
So sorry to hear that.
Bet you have been mad as hell, and a little traumatised.
Going to be hard to put any replacement devices back. I hope insurance helps a little.
Sounds like an opportunist who grabbed what could be seen.

I hope you can get back to normal soon.
It's very unlikely to happen again.

Makes me think maybe cloud storage is not so bad after all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

I use Dropbox as well as Asus Web storage (I have 100gb free for 5 yrs - it was included when we bought my laptop (stolen) and my desktop PC - that was still in boxes in our garage that they (thankfully) didn't see).

I really like Dropbox. It works perfectly for what I need it to do, uses very little battery, and backs up my stuff without me having to do anything. I set it up a few weeks ago on my husband's phone - he's not so bothered as his stuff (his LIFE as he will put it) is all on his PC ...the one electronic item in his office they left. But, at least now he has a back up of all the photos he has taken of our cats, haha.

Sarks.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Amongst some random stuff that got stolen the main items taken were my husband's note 3, his note 8 tablet, my laptop, Garmin GPS and my digital camera.

My husband is totally bummed as we were only out of the house 45 - 60 minutes a few miles away buying groceries and so he thought he would just leave the phone in his office to charge a little.

Thankfully they didn't find some irreplaceable items from my grandmother and his mother. But, he's still sad about his note 3 & 8 tablet being taken.

Hopefully we will be able to find the (insert expletives here) who stole from us. Not a great start to shabbat/the weekend!

Your renters/homeowners policy should cover replacing these items. Wally sucks that it happened though :(

Edit: annnnd I should probably read the other posts first lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Dropbox is my choice also. After a 1st reset last week it replaced some files without asking, and its easy and unobtrusive.
I think you had a house fire before the large fires recently. I hope work is finished soon.
Cold wet dark Scotland or San Diego. I would still take California.
Home is where the heart is, as they say.:)

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this.
There are more and more people like that every day.
Hopefully you will be able to recover some of your items.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm so sorry that this happened to you, I know a security breach can be really jarring, but thankfully you weren't home and your stuff will be replaced.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Bummer this happened. Hopefully this won't happen again. I signed up for Cerberus when it was free, and I have been thinking of placing it on my devices

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty