We need to update 40 people every week, on schedule by sending text messages.

It should be able to personalize & take their first name like this: "Michael - Remember to ...."

I know their is a limit of 10 messages sent at once on verizon, I think. So, it must overcome this limitation. (I'm not seeking a commercial bulk sms service & dont' have large volume requirements).

Is there an android app which can handle automating this weekly reminder task?

Other requirements: I need to be able to ADD or REMOVE names from the list on an ongoing basis easily.

This is for our local sports club. Thanks very much!!
    07-11-2014 08:56 AM
    Historically we've used Rainedout.com No mobile app, but the mobile site works well enough once things are set up on a desktop. They're ad-supported, but no charges. I liked it well enough... we managed numerous teams, coaches, parents and refs all set up as different groups. Not sure you can get the personalization ("Michael - remember...") you desire though.

Recently some groups I've been involved with have been using Teamsnap, which does have an app (and an iOS one I believe). I've not been an admin in Teamsnap, so I don't know if it will do what you want or not.

There are other options out there, these are the only two I have experience with. Good luck.
    07-11-2014 12:28 PM
    Try teamer.net
    Once everyone has registered it will send them a message requesting availability. Recipients reply directly to that and it updates on the website so you can see who's in or out.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-11-2014 12:40 PM
    Thanks but I can't require my guys to register with anything online. They are turds....lol I am lucky to get them to read an email....but they all respond to SMS directly sent.

Try teamer.net
    Once everyone has registered it will send them a message requesting availability. Recipients reply directly to that and it updates on the website so you can see who's in or out.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-11-2014 02:01 PM
    Try Mobile Text Alerts -- Members can sign up by texting in to the system, visiting a sign-up page, or you can insert them manually from your control panel.
    02-04-2015 04:58 PM