Best app or way to schedule & send 40 sms messages every week to our team sports club members?

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
We need to update 40 people every week, on schedule by sending text messages.

It should be able to personalize & take their first name like this: "Michael - Remember to ...."

I know their is a limit of 10 messages sent at once on verizon, I think. So, it must overcome this limitation. (I'm not seeking a commercial bulk sms service & dont' have large volume requirements).

Is there an android app which can handle automating this weekly reminder task?

Other requirements: I need to be able to ADD or REMOVE names from the list on an ongoing basis easily.

This is for our local sports club. Thanks very much!!

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best app or way to schedule & send 40 sms messages every week to our team sports club members?

Historically we've used Rainedout.com No mobile app, but the mobile site works well enough once things are set up on a desktop. They're ad-supported, but no charges. I liked it well enough... we managed numerous teams, coaches, parents and refs all set up as different groups. Not sure you can get the personalization ("Michael - remember...") you desire though.

Recently some groups I've been involved with have been using Teamsnap, which does have an app (and an iOS one I believe). I've not been an admin in Teamsnap, so I don't know if it will do what you want or not.

There are other options out there, these are the only two I have experience with. Good luck.

ChrisP1234

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Best app or way to schedule & send 40 sms messages every week to our team sports club members?

Try teamer.net
Once everyone has registered it will send them a message requesting availability. Recipients reply directly to that and it updates on the website so you can see who's in or out.

Posted via Android Central App

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Thanks but I can't require my guys to register with anything online. They are turds....lol I am lucky to get them to read an email....but they all respond to SMS directly sent.

Try teamer.net
Once everyone has registered it will send them a message requesting availability. Recipients reply directly to that and it updates on the website so you can see who's in or out.

Posted via Android Central App

MobileTextAlert

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

Try Mobile Text Alerts -- Members can sign up by texting in to the system, visiting a sign-up page, or you can insert them manually from your control panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty