Anyone have experience with using an Otterbox Defender with Spigen Glas.tR Slim screen protector?

Ichabod802

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have experience with using an Otterbox Defender with Spigen Glas.tR Slim screen protector? Do these two work okay together? I was thinking of buying the Defender case but removing the stock screen protector and substituting the Spigen Glas.tR Slim. But I thought that I'd better check first to see if anyone has feedback on if this works well or not. Thank you in advance for your help.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
To me it kind of defeats the purpose of getting an OtterBox if you are gonna remove the protective screen! The Case itself is a soft inside with a rubber outside so it really protects the phone, but the Screen Protector is Thicker then MOST screen protectors, it really does protect, takes scratches like a champ... I just remove the case every couple weeks to clean the screen, but other then that i barely notice

Ichabod802

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
To me it kind of defeats the purpose of getting an OtterBox if you are gonna remove the protective screen! The Case itself is a soft inside with a rubber outside so it really protects the phone, but the Screen Protector is Thicker then MOST screen protectors, it really does protect, takes scratches like a champ... I just remove the case every couple weeks to clean the screen, but other then that i barely notice

I like the Otterbox Defender and have used them for years now. But I don't like the screen protector at all. It seems to diminish the clarity and brilliance of a high definition screen. It just loses some snap. I'd like to try the Spigen Glas.tR screen protector, but before I sink the money into a new Defender case & the Glas.tR, I'd sure feel more comfortable knowing somebody else has done this successfully. I'll be doing this with the Note 4 (I have one pre ordered), but thought I'd check and see if this combo of the Defender/Glas.tR has worked well for Note 3 owners.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
It should be a very easy process to get it off.. Just make sure you dont crack the frame! If you are buying a really nice screen protector then it would probably be with it

jashall99

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the defender case and a zero lemon tempered glass screen protector and it works flawlessly. The defender screen protector is not clear and can drag the stylus a little. This setup is perfect. As for the modification of the otterbox, it is only shock and dust resistant so compromising the stock screen protector Imo doesn't hinder it's ability to do what it's supposed to do. Try it out I think you will like it.

Posted via the Android Central App

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I find the OtterBox Defender too bulky for my taste. I always used the OtterBox Commuter for my phones. However, unless I am wrong, the Commuter is not available for the Note 3.

Panther6834

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the Commuter is not only available for the Note 3, it has been for a long time. I purchased my Otterbox Commuter for my Note 3 back in January 2014. Amazon has a sizable selection to choose from, with prices in the $24-45 range (depending on colors).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez