Why won't my Note 3 turn on after update?

prldecivic007

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Note 3 won't turn on after update

Hi, I had a software update on my note 3. Downloaded it, then it asked me to reboot the device. It rebooted and was on the ATT screen with a percentage. Last time I looked it was at 87% then I looked again a few minutes later and now it wont turn on. Hold the power button and nothing. It had 60% battery life and was plugged into an outlet so I know it's not dead. Any ideas?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 3 won't turn on after update

Take out the battery for a minute and see if it turns on then. If so, go and check the firmware version.

prldecivic007

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

no luck. took the battery out for 2 mins, tried to power it on and nothing :/ Also, tried powerbutton plus home button plus volume down and nothing.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

Is anything happening when you try to power it on? Do you get a vibration, a screen flicker, any signs of life? If you plug the charger in, do you get the led charging light and/or see the battery picture on screen if you press power?

Do you have another battery to try?

You said you tried home/power/volume down. Try the same but with volume up.

If there is no sign of life at all, you should probably take it to ATT.

prldecivic007

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

gotcha, will go to ATT, there is no sign of life at all unfortunately. No vibration, no screen flicker, nada. Think this update completely bricked it ugh.

Matt1209

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

Hey, I am facing the same problem now. Did u find any luck on this issue? Help appreciated!!

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Wow That's ridiculous. A perfectly New software update and it Kills your device!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Troy Proctor1

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Yea I'm seriously about to lose it on this brick I call a Note 3. Tried numerous things. Any attempt at turning it on results in it trying the update again, once it installs it and finishes at 100%, it just shuts off. In order for me to turn it off, I have to remove the battery. It doesn't always turn back on. I even tried volume up -> home -> power which sometimes turns it on but still results in the update attempt/shut down BS. I'm so sick of this and it's only been a day. Hopefully someone can shed some light and help me out with this.

In detail because I know someone will ask random stuff:

DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with AT&T
PROBLEM: Was asked to update to new firmware last night, said yes, screen goes to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 logo with "RECOVERY BOOT..." in blue lettering and in the top left corner... Next, shows a screen with the AT&T logo, a bar filling up slowly with a percentage and "Updating..." above it. Once at 100% it shows, "Update complete" and then it shuts off.

Peter Lau2

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. I had my note 3 for 1 year and 2 months and after down loading AT & T update after 2 days my phone was dead. Initially I thought it was the battery. Took it to replace the battery and it did not work. I know the update took place because there was something different to the phone's calculator. The light use to be yellow it it was changed to green, so I knew there was a change after the update. I called AT&T customer care at 800-331-0500 and told them my situation and they have sent me a new Note 3 and it was that simple. Maybe the phone was a little over a year, or maybe they know there is an issue with update corrupting the phone. I hope this helps.