How do I redirect incoming call sounds through the headphone jack?

CaptainOhCaptain

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
redirect incoming call sound through headphone jack.

My last phone was the iPhone 3gs. I don't hear as well as most and the iPhone would play the ringer through any speakers I hooked it up to (through the audio jack) allowing me to hear my phone. I now have the Samsung note 3 running 4.4.2 (Rooted) Which does not play the incoming call through the headphone jack. I have been scouring Google trying to find a solution for this issue.

Does any one know how to fix this?

(I'm terribly sorry for my bad grammar)

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: redirect incoming call sound through headphone jack.

Odd, it works for me. Note 3 Verizon 4.4.4. Maybe I'm just lucky.

CaptainOhCaptain

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Maybe I'm missing something. Would you mind walking me through the process? If it's not to much trubble.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Sure.
Some of these may be defaults, I really wasn't paying attention when I first installed it.
0. Plug in your wired headset.
1. Buy Pro version - you will eventually probably need to do this, although initially all Pro features are enabled for testing. I didn't mess with this.
2. SoundAbout Service - On - Auto Restart
Screenshot_2014-12-28-10-05-10.jpg
3. Media Audio - Wired Headset (with Mic) - I used the earbuds with built in mic that came with my S3 a few years ago, because they were available - feel free to pick whatever is appropriate in your case.
Screenshot_2014-12-28-10-05-20.jpg
4. Phone Call Audio - Wired Headset (with Mic) - again, my buds have a mic.
Screenshot_2014-12-28-10-05-30.jpg
5 & 6. Text To Speech Behavior, and Notification Behavior - I didn't change anything.
7. Wired Headset Behavior - Wired Headset Detection (checked), Wired Headset Microphone (checked).
Screenshot_2014-12-28-10-05-48.jpg
With these settings, when I have the wired earbuds plugged in, incoming call is rerouted to earbuds, does not emit sound from phone speaker. Phone audio occurs in earbuds, earbud's built in mic transmits phone call outgoing audio.
Again, I'm on an SM-N900V.07 (Verizon Note 3) running OS 4.4.4 (stock) build KTU84P.N900V_4.4.4_0033, not rooted.
If you have any other apps/hacks that you have done that could affect audio (such as hacking conf files) this could interfere with the method that this particular app uses. I say that because I am 100% stock and not rooted.
Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo