How do I know what OS my wifes phone is running?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Google Now Launcher on the Note 3

Hi, so my wife has the Note 3 - she currently has the Google Now Launcher on it, recently through an update the launcher looks like lollipop. She has the all white app drawer pages, her Google search bar is all white etc.

She doesn't remember when it changed or when she got the update, has anyone else received this?

The reason I ask is that I have the Note 4, also running the Google Now Launcher, which is stuck on the KitKat design. I'm checking for updates regularly, but so far nothing.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Now Launcher on the Note 3

Your suggestion is to buy a new note 3? I don't want the launcher that badly that I would rush out and buy a note 3. I already have the Note 4

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site

Honest opinion is the Note 4 worth the upgrade from the 3? If you go into the google now launcher play store app on your wifes phone and click the description dropdown it tells you the date when the app was last updated. Then go into yours and compare the dates :)

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Honest opinion is the Note 4 worth the upgrade from the 3? If you go into the google now launcher play store app on your wifes phone and click the description dropdown it tells you the date when the app was last updated. Then go into yours and compare the dates :)

That's a good point, forgot to actually check when the update was and version number :) I'll do that tonight. Surely though, if we both had the app installed we would receive the update at the same time, or I would receive it first since I have the newer phone?

Honest option yeah it was worth the upgrade, my wife now has my old Note 3. The camera, screen and touchwiz are much better on the Note 4 to the Note 3. I know I have the Google Now launcher installed, but I don't use it - so far the Google Now Launcher and Nova haven't made me want to swap out Touchwiz just yet

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I now have a Note 3 and Note 4. S Notes are in 'higher fidelity' on the Note 4. ...it's very interesting. The Note 4's notes actually look like pen on paper.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

You can check the OS version in Settings - General - About Device.

But that's really irrelevant. It's the Google Now launcher, which has nothing to do with the OS. Your version of the app just hasn't updated yet. App updates, especially Google apps, do not roll out to all phones at once.