Am I using the S Pen correctly?

A

AC Question

Quetion about S Pen

Hi, I have a Note 3 Korean version (Gold one N900LKUFNK1), and I'm not sure if I am using the S pen correctly or have set it up correctly.. do I need to press the S Pen button each time I need to write/draw? can't I just write/draw automatically without the need to press that? (it feels uneasy to press that for a long period of time while writing though).. thanks!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Quetion about S Pen

Yes, the only time you can draw automatically is when you pull it out. Otherwise you'll have to press the button to choose an action, then select draw if that's what you want to do

Ju_13

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

Hi.. thanks for responding on this thread..
For instance, when I pull out my S Pen, the Air command menu pops out.. I choose action memo by clicking the button on my S Pen.. then, for me to be able to write a note using Action Memo I need to press (and hold) the button while writting a note otherwise it won't write anything... worst, I'll just put a scratch on my phone. Is that how s pen works?

(though I already contacted the seller to confirm and will need to visit store if that's not what it should be)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

For instance, when I pull out my S Pen, the Air command menu pops out.. I choose action memo by clicking the button on my S Pen
Just tap the Action Menu segment - no need to press the button.

.. then, for me to be able to write a note using Action Memo I need to press (and hold) the button while writting a note otherwise it won't write anything.
Then something's broken - the pen or the phone.

Is that how s pen works?
Not mine, not my wife's, not anyone's I know. About the only time I ever press the button is to bring up the S Pen menu (the fan with Action Memo, etc., on it) or to take a screen shot (hold the button and while keeping it held, press the tip to the screen until you hear the click. Then you'll see a menu at the top - check to save, X to delete.) There may be a couple of other things you can do with the button, but those are all I ever use it for.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

The S-Pen is a great function of the Note series and really no one else has rivaled it yet. Not sure if the comment about scratch was a reference to writing or actual scratches to the screen. If you do use a screen protector, go with a Tempered Glass one, any type of film based will tend to leave marks where you used the S-Pen.