My Gear Manager Won't Install. Why?

RMitchell93

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Samsung Galaxy Note III for some time now, about a month after launch. I have had a couple Galaxy Gears, and switched over to the S a while back. No issues have really come up with the smartwatches, but I went to install the newest update of Gear Manager just this past half hour or so. It downloads all the files, then moves to the install screen, where it first gave me status of X/9, then stopped at 7/9. I thought it was weird, then it prompted a message that had said "Installation failed! Error Code -112". I tried to reinstall it by opening up the app, but it gets stuck on 0/2 and gives the same message from before. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the App itself and the Plugin. I cannot reconnect my Samsung Gear S without the Manager. Please let me know how to fix this! Also, unrelated note, my Samsung Galaxy Apps App isn't anywhere to be found on my Note III, but I have it on my tablet. Any help there too maybe? Thanks so much!!!!

ctjoe

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar issue with error code 112. After uninstalling all apps (in application manager | all) related to the gear watch and then repairing the note3 and gear, the gear manager reinstalled with out the error and is now working again. I don't know which application related to the gear was causing the update to fail.

Posted via the Android Central App

jrdal

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Ive tried uninstalling all manager apps as well, but it did not work for me. Still stuck with this error 112 when installing the manager software. Was on phone with Samsung for 2 hours and they think it is an internal problem with the watch. They could not help me...

Oh and by the way, if you have verizon, you wont beable to install samsung apps.

LillieC

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
That is the problem I have with these forums and getting help. People use and switch between terms with no explanation as to what these mean. I am having the same issue with the app crashing and the Error Code: -112. I don't know how to completely delete the gear manager app, I have no idea what "repair" means and I basically have a $300 brick of a watch that I can't even use to tell time because it is stuck on the initial setup screen. My friend has a Note3 just like me and we both have similar apps loaded. Her phone connected up just fine to the watch but mine will not load this horrible Gear Manager app. Could someone please in simple terms describe how to completely uninstall the gear manager app so that I can re-install it from scratch. Also if I need to "repair" the phone can someone specify where this button or app is located on the phone.

LillieC

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I finally fixed my phone where it was getting the error Installing additional software and stopping with the error "Error Code: -112". The problem with my Note3 was that I had the original gear watch and there were processes still on the phone that were causing the new gear manager app to bomb. I went through my processes and uninstalled anything that had an icon for the original gear watch. There were about 12 processes that were loaded and one of these conflicted with the process that was trying to be installed by the new gear manager. Hope this helps.