Windows Device Manager with error

Javierpf

Oct 3, 2023
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I want to address something unrelated to the functioning of the watch or the mobile application, but it seems like a minor issue that I would like to resolve.

I have the wireless charger for the Samsung Watch 4 connected to a USB port on a Windows 11 computer. The watch charges perfectly fine. However, in the Windows Device Manager, there is an error message under Universal Serial Bus controllers/Unknown USB Device: "Device descriptor request failed." I know it's related to the watch charger because when I disconnect the cable from the USB port, the error message disappears. The error also disappears if I disable the device, although it doesn't actually disable it since it continues to charge the watch.

Is there any other way to remove this error so that the Device Manager appears free of errors?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Javier

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you use the USB to charge other devices. I'm trying to think of something that wouldn't trigger windows explorer that requires USB to charge. A PS controller would try to load as a controllable device, a speaker would likely connect as media device, a phone or tablet a storage device... I cannot think of anything else that would just require charging, which is what I believe is causing your error. Anymore laptops and PCs expect something to happen when they are connected to and I would imagine that is what this is. It sees the connection but cannot do anything with it since the watch cannot actually transfer any data via the USB. As for how to prevent the message, my best advice would be to Google it. Maybe include the message and a few keywords. If there's an answer out there Google will likely find it.

Best wishes.

Javierpf

Oct 3, 2023
Visit site
What happens if you use the USB to charge other devices. I'm trying to think of something that wouldn't trigger windows explorer that requires USB to charge. A PS controller would try to load as a controllable device, a speaker would likely connect as media device, a phone or tablet a storage device... I cannot think of anything else that would just require charging, which is what I believe is causing your error. Anymore laptops and PCs expect something to happen when they are connected to and I would imagine that is what this is. It sees the connection but cannot do anything with it since the watch cannot actually transfer any data via the USB. As for how to prevent the message, my best advice would be to Google it. Maybe include the message and a few keywords. If there's an answer out there Google will likely find it.

Best wishes.
Thanks a lot, VidJunky.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail