Note 3 updated, all pictures gone and nothing works. How can I get everything back?

paulamaria22

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Note 3 updated, all pictures gone and nothing works.

***Please Help***
Tonight I was trying to make a phone call on my Note 3. It started acting glitchy and wasn't allowing me to place the call then everything kind of just froze so I restarted it. When it started to shut down, I noticed at the top it said updating...I did not approve this update and it must have just started on it's own? When the phone turned back on, the welcome screen now says "Custom" with an unlocked pad lock. Once the phone loads ALL of my pictures and videos are gone and immediately I start getting those little boxes that say "Unfortunately (app name) has stopped working" As soon as i click "ok" it pops up again for another app and so on and so on. As soon as I try to open an app, say facebook, it closes it and says it's not working. I'm very concerned about my photos, I just had a baby a few weeks ago and all of his pictures are gone. I'm on the verge of an anxiety attack because of this. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you so much

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
re: Note 3 updated, all pictures gone and nothing works.

***Please Help***
Tonight I was trying to make a phone call on my Note 3. It started acting glitchy and wasn't allowing me to place the call then everything kind of just froze so I restarted it. When it started to shut down, I noticed at the top it said updating...I did not approve this update and it must have just started on it's own? When the phone turned back on, the welcome screen now says "Custom" with an unlocked pad lock. Once the phone loads ALL of my pictures and videos are gone and immediately I start getting those little boxes that say "Unfortunately (app name) has stopped working" As soon as i click "ok" it pops up again for another app and so on and so on. As soon as I try to open an app, say facebook, it closes it and says it's not working. I'm very concerned about my photos, I just had a baby a few weeks ago and all of his pictures are gone. I'm on the verge of an anxiety attack because of this. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you so much
Welcome to Android Central!

Perform a factory reset and everything should be good. Unfortunately you won't have the deleted photos back as those appear to be gone if you didn't make a backup. However, you can prevent that in the future by keeping regular backups or transferring photos to another location (online backup, external storage, computer, etc.).