Does micro SD card speed affect the Note 3 perfomance?

mystvearn

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have a note 3 with a 16 gb class 4 card. The card is getting slightly full. since all apps and media are on the card. However the phone is becoming really sluggish. I suspect it has to do with the class 4 SD card. If I put a bigger and faster card in, will my phone performance increase? What is the maximum class speed which the Note 3 can accept? I see the specs at GSM arena it says 64 GB, however I think the note 3 can take more than that right?

Gaba517

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Welcome to AC! First of all, you should NOT install your apps on your SD Card.Why do you think the phone manufacturers are trying to prevent us to install them on the card? You answered it yourself, because the apps will have longer loading times since the card is slower than the internal memory of your phone.Try moving all of your apps on the internal memory and keep only the media on your card.Thank you for posting! Have a nice day!

mystvearn

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Welcome to AC! First of all, you should NOT install your apps on your SD Card.Why do you think the phone manufacturers are trying to prevent us to install them on the card? You answered it yourself, because the apps will have longer loading times since the card is slower than the internal memory of your phone.Try moving all of your apps on the internal memory and keep only the media on your card.Thank you for posting! Have a nice day!

Thank you for the reply. I have too much apps hence I need to put it in the card

Gaba517

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty normal for the phone to get sluggish if you install apps on your SD Card, no need to worry about it.Remove as many as you can and you're fine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non