How to stop spam emails on 1 of 2 Note 3 phones? Only receiving them on 1 of 2 phones.

oceansea

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phones. One has the card that connects my phone to my verizon service to use the phone. The other I just use for media storage and viewing, and for also emails and internet via wireless connection when available. But the one that I got more recently and do not use for phone service, is every day receiving many spam emails to the same yahoo email address that I also use on my other main phone but that do not show up on my main phones email. Very strange. Anyone know why and how to stop all the spam emails from showing on the 2nd phones same yahoo email address?

Weird!? Why is there no reply button to reply to the replies to my original question? Bad design! Answer to the persons reply, ( thank you), settings on phone that is being heavily spammed to the same yahoo email address that is not receiving all that spam on other phone service connected phone, is pop.mail.yahoo.com . SSL,

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! If you go to your Yahoo Mail on your computer browser, are those spam emails being properly routed to the Spam folder, or are they coming to your inbox? On the phones, are you using the stock Email app for your Yahoo email, and if so, are they both set to use Yahoo's IMAP server or POP3 server?

I ask this because IMAP preserves your folder structure, while POP3 typically just downloads all new email regardless of folder. If the spam is going to the Spam folder, then I wonder if the phone that is spam-free is set up to use the IMAP server, while the phone with the spam is set up to use the POP3 server.

oceansea

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Weird!? Why was there no reply button to reply to the replies to my original question when i first refreshed this after B. Daddy replied to my question? Answer to B. Daddys question, ( thank you), settings on phone that is being heavily spammed to the same yahoo email address that is not receiving all that spam on other phone service connected phone, is pop.mail.yahoo.com . SSL,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You might have been looking for a duplicate thread that you had started, which I deleted--we prefer to delete or close duplicate threads, since they can lead to parallel discussions and confusion.

I don't quite understand what you said there--do you mean that both phones are using the POP3 server? See what happens if you change the settings to use the IMAP server instead: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress