Confirming Qi Wireless and NFC work Using UAG Case

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I got a UAG Cass for my Note 4. I was worried that NFC and Qi Wireless would not work. I am confirming that it does. In case you are wondering what Qi receiver I am using, it is the official Samsung one. I just modified it by removing it from the cover. I snipped the contacts ever so slightly and all is good.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Qi works with most TPU cases. I use an i-Blason case and Qi charging too. No difference in the measured charging current between case on and case and back cover off, either. (The specs say 5mm, but I can get the same charging current with the phone 1/2" above the charging plate, and I'm using a cheap charger and receiver.)

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
In my case, I had the Spigen Tough Armor before and Qi Wireless did not work. I know that the UAG is a popular case so I wanted to mention it specifically.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey, before I pull the trigger on the wireless back, I just want to reconfirm that the note with the wireless back cover will fit into the UAG case. I have the maverick

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
No, the Samsung Wireless Cover will not fit in this case. You would have to either use one of the after market charging receivers or perform the Wireless Charging Mod using the Samsung Wireless Cover.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
No, the Samsung Wireless Cover will not fit in this case. You would have to either use one of the after market charging receivers or perform the Wireless Charging Mod using the Samsung Wireless Cover.
Copy, where can I find info on the mod to see how difficult it will be?

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

SGN4

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Could someone please tell me if you use the fast charger with the wireless charging kit, does it improve charging times????

I tried it and without writing down the times, I swear it has improved.

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Could someone please tell me if you use the fast charger with the wireless charging kit, does it improve charging times????

I tried it and without writing down the times, I swear it has improved.

Good question. I was wondering the same thing myself.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress