Nearby Share just doesn't seem to ever work seamlessly?

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Hi.

I don't think I was ever able to seamlessly use Nearby Share. It never manages to find any devices I want to share to on first try, not even my own devices which are logged into the same Google account. Bluetooth, WiFi and Location are always on and the discoverability settings are set to "Contacts". I just can't seem to figure out how to make it work on first try - or even the fifth try in many cases. Even when it finally manages to find the device I want to share to, in half the cases it fails to connect. The only thing that sometimes works is to first pair the devices over Bluetooth manually and connect them, and the go to share via Nearby Share. It just feels so unfinished and buggy in my case.

Does any one have a similar experience and have you ever been able to solve this?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
What devices are you using? Nearby Share is a little clunky, but I've never had any problems with it.But I think I've only used it between Samsung devices.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I've used it back and forth between PC and pixel seems to work fine. Also between pixel and my wife's Samsung, also no real issues.
Maybe it has to do with whatever Bluetooth version your devices use?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Which ones did you test it on? Might be an issue with Huawei's EMUI skin.
Not really a test, just something I use all the time. I have a Pixel 7 Pro and an Acer Chromebook. Used it all the time with my Pixel 6, Pixel 4XL and same Chromebook also.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana