Note 4 I need advice on a case & glass screen protector

Ichabod802

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I just pre-ordered the Note 4. This will be my first android phone (I've had iPhones for years). I need advice for a good case and glass screen protector combo. I realize cases will not be available for awhile. I wondered if I could get good advice from Note owners though, regarding what worked well for them with a previous model of the Note (or what to stay away from).

I've liked the Otterbox Defender cases in the past (I don't mind the bulk) but I don't like the screen protector that comes with that case. I've heard that some people remove the stock Defender screen protector and use a glass replacement. Anyone have a recommendation for something that would work well with the Defender? Or have a better case and glass screen protector recommendation? Thanks in advance for your help.

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: I need advice on a case & glass screen protector

Well I have the outterbox defender and an icon temper glass screen protector on my note 3 all I did was cut out the plastic screen protector that the outterbox came with and use the glass one in its place

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Spigen neo hybrid on my note 3 is an awesome case and has offered great protection. I use that with an iLoome tempered glass screen protector. I'll never use anything but tempered glass again. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Anyone have experience with the Spigen Glas.tR Slim protector? Is that a good one?
I have that on my note 3 with an Otterbox commuter. Great combo. I didn't want the silicone outer of the defender. I have had some pretty decent drops and no issues with that combo. The Spigen glas.tr is great too. Went on flawless and feels better than the factory screen.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

Ichabod802

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

I have that on my note 3 with an Otterbox commuter. Great combo. I didn't want the silicone outer of the defender. I have had some pretty decent drops and no issues with that combo. The Spigen glas.tr is great too. Went on flawless and feels better than the factory screen.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

Thank you. I think I'll try the Otterbox Defender with the Spigen Glas.tR Slim. I have always liked the Defender cases (I don't mind the bulk) and it sounds like the Spigen Glas.tR Slim will fit if I remove the Defender's screen protector. Thanks again.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Zagg tempered glass on 2 S5s and the TechPro Premium glass on my Note 3 and both are great products that go on easily with no issues if you clean the phone screen well. I don't run a case on my Note 3 as I always carry it in a shirt breast pocket with locking pocket flap and I prefer the tactile feel of the phone back which is much easier to hold on to than most cases. I have installed an Otterbox Commuter on one S5 and a two piece slim style case on the other I purchased at Best Buy.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Cases really depend on what you want/need and are willing to pay:

Personally I'd recommend the Note 4 version of the Seidio Opex (not released yet, but it's water and dust reistant and accomplished the Mil 662 Standard). Otterbox is always a good choice they just know how to design protective cases.

As for screen protector: I have a love/hate fest with these no matter which material I'm always having a hard time getting these things on without the damn air bubbles :(

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I have no case. I have insurance. I enjoy it light and thin and I guess I live on the edge.

I'm the same way!!!

I can't stand having a case on my phones but I understand why a lot of people like to have a case, my main reason is I hate the bulk. It's the same reason why I don't have a "bra" on my car, sure it would protect the front end from rocks, paint chips, dings, etc but it would take away from the beauty in my eyes.

In my eyes when phones are made to be ligher and thinner with higher quailty materials and more tasteful apperances I just can't stand seeing a case or even worst a massive case on a phone. I saw an Otterbox case on my friend's phone once and I couldn't even tell what type of phone it was until he told me, great protection but damn it comes at a price. I don't need or want to show my phone off but a lot of time and effort goes into these phones (I hope) to make them look amazing and most cases just cover that right up.

Plus I love the feeling of holding a naked phone in my hand or how it feels in my jeans or slacks. I guess I just don't like cases, I do enjoy screen protectors but only the clear ones.

Last edited: