Visit site
Re: Note 4 How long did u go b4 replacing touchwiz

Just got my note 4 I couldn't fight it i need to use gestures i downloaded nova

Posted via the Android Central App

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm going to download Nova but will try to see what touchwiz has to offer. I use Nova on my S4 now. I'll give tw a fair shake and see if there are any real changes with s-pen functionality.

Posted via Android Central App

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I have been using the Note 4 stock as it came out of the box since day 1. I have not used touchwiz since the GSII, so it's been a while. I have been very pleased at the performance and functionality that touchwiz has to offer. The device has not lagged at all, and is fast and fluid.

JW0914

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Touchwiz is awesome, but lacks some crucial features like customizing icon layout size. There's no reason 5.7' of screen needs to be filed up with 5 a 5x5 icon layout... unless you are extremely old or have extremely bad eyesight. Then again, that same complaint goes towards LCD density... there's no reason a 5.7' screen needs to have a 640 LCD density and it would function great at 320.

I personally like the flipboard billboard, and it's a bummer that feature isn't available on 3rd party launchers. I picked up my Note 4 yesterday, used TouchWiz for a few hours, then went back to Apex Launcher... there's simply no excuse at this stage of Android development for Google and manufacturers to not include a customizable icon layout up into the 20's. The lack of that feature alone guarantees most will use a 3rd party launcher... it's the equivalent of Apple selling music for iPods/iPads and not including a way to sync the music with the devices. It would be different if their were IP rights preventing Google from incorporating a launcher with capabilities higher than 5X5, but there isn't.

Unacceptable at this stage of Android development... what a waste... Touchwiz could have been awesome
. What's even worse... how many hundreds of hours were spent improving Touchwiz to have no one bother to add a fairly simple feature to what could have been a great launcher. I find it hard to believe any Touchwiz developer would use Touchwiz on their own devices due to the non-existent icon layout capabilities.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I had hopes for Touchwiz :( It still sucks! Nove rocks! Even backed up my setup from the Note 3 & restored to Note 4 & saved me days of setup ... not really, but I would have tinkered for days!

Cheers, Jon

ohioboy32

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Nothing wrong with touchwiz but i went nova a couple days after unboxing so i could unlock download booster..

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: How long did u go b4 replacing touchwiz

Why don't you not get a Samsung phone since you don't like touch wiz really where do you people come from im sure they'll love to take your money over at apple

hmmm... to me this is the EXACT reason why we buy Samsung, or less specifically Android phones. Customizability is key for us.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Just downloaded nova and all the s health, note and weather widgets are available

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I tried touchwiz for a few days. I like touchwiz. Seems like it got much better. But my biggest problem with it is the 4x4 layout. Just not enough room for this big *** screen. I went back to Nova launcher for this reason only. Plus my gestures routine was kind of hard to break. But all functionality still seems to be available on the note I'm sticking with Nova for now. I might try and go back to touchwiz again but for now, it's Nova for me.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Nova right out of the box for me. I'm happy with the 4 icons per row, I shrink them down a bit, to me I don't want my screen full of icons like iPhone, I want to see my wallpaper also. I want the gestures, resize icons, scroll dock, icon label color, icon theme and such. Plus I like the idea if I get a samsung, LG, or Motorola I can keep the familiarity of my launcher on either phone.

peter9553

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Took all of 10 minutes before i changed try to get this with touchwiz y dont they have adjustable icons never been able to understand itScreenshot_2014-12-07-11-38-25.jpgstand it

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Call me crazy but I keep coming back to TW. Within the last three weeks I had my phone, I've used both Nova and buzz launcher. Both very good and customisable but for some reasons I keep reverting back to TW.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Day one on my phone had Nova Prime. Note Edge not Note 4 but close enough right?

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

I also went with with Nova Prime as I like the more extensive customization capabilities

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I attempted to just stick with TW, but I love being able to set up Nova the way I like it, especially gestures and secondary swipe up functions on icons. I also like 7 dock icons. I only keep three home screens. The main one with clock widget, a calendar widget one, and one for random widgets like flashlight, wifi hotspot, and Web shortcuts I need from Puffin Flash browser. With gestures I set it up to double tap for the app drawer, and I have a favorites drawer group to come up as default.

Nova is hard to beat, and you really don't lose any functionality. It's all gain, no loss.

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

All new note 4 owners how long b4 u replace touchwiz or is it instant u replaced it?

Posted via Android Central App
I don't replace Touchwiz but instantly set up Nova Prime. I do on occasion switch back and forth but like Nova better because I can have over lapping widgets, widget padding or not, widgets in back or in front, less or no lag and just more customizing. I don't lose anything I care to use even the Samsung widgets work.

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Took all of 10 minutes before i changed try to get this with touchwiz y dont they have adjustable icons never been able to understand itView attachment 152846stand it
Ok how do I find the "Galaxy Apps" app I see on your home screen? I have side loaded a couple APKs supposedly of the "Galaxy Apps" app but they wont install or wont open if they install. I know there is a widget to the galaxy apps but I can't find the app like on your home screen. I am with Verizon if that makes a difference. Maybe some carriers preinstall it and some don't. Thanks

AC Wokas

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Touchwiz is awesome, but lacks some crucial features like customizing icon layout size. There's no reason 5.7' of screen needs to be filed up with 5 a 5x5 icon layout... unless you are extremely old or have extremely bad eyesight. Then again, that same complaint goes towards LCD density... there's no reason a 5.7' screen needs to have a 640 LCD density and it would function great at 320.

I personally like the flipboard billboard, and it's a bummer that feature isn't available on 3rd party launchers. I picked up my Note 4 yesterday, used TouchWiz for a few hours, then went back to Apex Launcher... there's simply no excuse at this stage of Android development for Google and manufacturers to not include a customizable icon layout up into the 20's. The lack of that feature alone guarantees most will use a 3rd party launcher... it's the equivalent of Apple selling music for iPods/iPads and not including a way to sync the music with the devices. It would be different if their were IP rights preventing Google from incorporating a launcher with capabilities higher than 5X5, but there isn't.

Unacceptable at this stage of Android development... what a waste... Touchwiz could have been awesome
. What's even worse... how many hundreds of hours were spent improving Touchwiz to have no one bother to add a fairly simple feature to what could have been a great launcher. I find it hard to believe any Touchwiz developer would use Touchwiz on their own devices due to the non-existent icon layout capabilities.

Totally agree. I used TW for about a week with my Note 4 and really liked the Flipboard briefing template and the TW tweaks were all positive... and I really wanted to enjoy TW this time, but the lack of decent grid just make this untenable I couldn't fit the icons I needed and it just looked plain unbalanced.

Back to Nova Prime with tesla count plugin. *sigh*

PS: if anyone works or how to install Flipboard briefing (rather than a standard Flipboard widget, without rooting) please let me know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress