Can you take partial screenshots with the N4 and SPEN?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
On the Note 2, you could easily whip out the s-pen and take a full screenshot by pressing the pen on the screen and then pressing the s-pen button. You could also cut out any part of any screen and make a screenshot by taking the pen, pressing the button, and then drawing a circle or whatever around the part of the screen you wanted to cutout/screenshot. I haven't been able to figure it how to do this yet on the N4. Is it still possible?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Double click the button on the pen, while it is close to the screen. A menu will pop up, that allows you to do that. Make sure it is enabled in the pen settings, if you don't see it. They took away the option to click the button and tap the screen to do a screen shot, but you can do it and much more with the method I mentioned

Posted via the Android Central App

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I believe so. When you pull out the pen it gives you the circular Air Command. Select Screen Write and then touch the screen and it makes a screen shot that you can write on. Just don't write on it and you have a whole screen. Using Palm Swipe may be easier.
If you want a portion of the screen, Select either Smart Select or Image Clip and make your selection. What you selected will be copied to the screen for you to edit or do something with. You can save it to the scrapbook which in effect makes a JPG in the folder Scrapbook on the phone.
Good Luck!
Ron

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I believe so. When you pull out the pen it gives you the circular Air Command. Select Screen Write and then touch the screen and it makes a screen shot that you can write on. Just don't write on it and you have a whole screen. Using Palm Swipe may be easier.
If you want a portion of the screen, Select either Smart Select or Image Clip and make your selection. What you selected will be copied to the screen for you to edit or do something with. You can save it to the scrapbook which in effect makes a JPG in the folder Scrapbook on the phone.
Good Luck!
Ron
Awesome! Thank you!