Verizon, Unlimited Data and SIM Card

ravenwhale

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Should I or shouldn't I use the new SIM card that came with my phone, or should I put in my old SIM card from my GS3 in my new Note 4 before booting it up?

I pre-ordered at a Verizon store on Oct. 22nd, paid full retail, ($699) (expect $$ back from the Samsung rebate), to keep unlimited data.

Verizon rep at the time of purchase said I can use the new SIM card it will come with, with no problem of jeopardizing unlimited data. My receipt even says" unlimited email and web for smartphones, $29.99".

Spoke to another Verizon rep yesterday at a kiosk in the mall and he said, "Be very careful. You should use the SIM from your GS3 to be sure you don't lose your unlimited data. You know Verizon is trying to get rid of those."

So should I or shouldn't I use the new SIM card the phone came with? If I use the GS3 SIM, do I lose any kind of updates, etc., that may be on the new SIM?

I could not find an existing thread that was current that addressed this issue. So, started this new one. Thanks in advance for any guidance. These forums are amazing. (While I await some input, my new Charcoal Grey Note 4 is sitting in the Fed-Ex box it came in just 20 minutes ago.)

This is for a single line plan. Just upgrading my phone.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've asked this before with no answer... im usingmy old one from my Samsung curve with no obvious issues ! :)

Also I was due for upgrade and Verizon officially got rid of my unlimited and gave me 6gb/mo when I did.. wasn't happy

ravenwhale

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your input. (I assume you did not pay full retail, that is why your data plan was changed to the 6gb. That is what mine would have been if I paid the $299 for the phone as I was also due for an upgrade.)

ravenwhale

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again Syncalwon. I took your advice and kept the new SIM in the phone when I started it up. All looks good, and I checked on-line at Verizon Wireless and it shows my new Note 4 and my data plan as still unlimited. Appreciate the support.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I paid full retail and used the new SIM card. No fear my friend. Full retail is the only safe way to keep Unlimited Data anymore in my opinion.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
New SIM card that comes with phone is needed for Softcard. That is the answer to my original question to whether or not use the old SIM card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member