Screen Staying On

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
So while I was asleep tonight, I got a text message. At the time I received the message, my phone was around 92% battery remaining. Well, apparently once I received the message, the screen just stayed on the lock screen "message received" screen, and never went back to sleep. I know this because I just randomly woke up at 4 am to a bright *** light and 28% battery remaining. Anyone got any thoughts on preventing this? This is also likely what caused my battery to die yesterday morning which caused my alarm to fail and royally screwed me.

Posted via the Android Central App

RamonJr17

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
you might have the daydream option turned on.
settings/display/daydream

or you might have the "stay awake - don't sleep while charging"
settings/developer options

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
are you on verizon? T-mobile? If so are you rooted, and so you have access to a back up you could revert to? I would also look at contacting xda forums they are more likely to be able to help you over there

Last edited by a moderator:

SJAprilMay

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
My fiance's did this....it has to do with Developer options in the settings. Make sure it is turned off where it says to keep screen on. Voila.

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
My fiance's did this....it has to do with Developer options in the settings. Make sure it is turned off where it says to keep screen on. Voila.

Lol. Yea. You see that first reply up there from several days ago? We've already discussed that. Nevermind that I'm wise enough to check that before coming to the forum to ask for help; we've already discussed that.

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
are you on verizon? T-mobile? If so are you rooted, and so you have access to a back up you could revert to? I would also look at contacting xda forums they are more likely to be able to help you over there

AT&T. No root. Yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member