MirrorLink on Note 4 working?!?

Shwetha K N

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Is MirrorLink working on Note4?
I have tried to enable it through :
settings->NFC and sharing -> MirrorLink-> connect to vehicle via USB
But It is stuck at some point saying "Your device and car are connected via MirrorLink".
Is there any other option which needs to be enabled for MirrorLink? Or any apps that I need to have?

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine works with the Samsung dongle

Edit* I posted too fast. I was thinking mirror cast to a television. My bad.

Posted via the Android Central App

jpods

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Been researching this... Called Pioneer today after failing to use Mirrorlink with my Note 4 and Pioneer headunit. Told Pioneer what was happening and guy says.... thats because the Note4 runs v1.1 and every radio runs v1.0 and Mirrorlink has a flaw that its not backwards compatable. I asked the guy, so where is Pioneer rolling out a firmware update.... guy laughted and tells me " they need to fix their software".
I've posted on Verizon's forum about this waiting for a response, and asked Samsung today who tells me its used with their Samsung TV's. Guy had no idea what I was talking about.
I also read that MirrorLink is getting ready to update to 1.22 sooooo maybe that will have a fix?

topspliff

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jpods

Thank you for your valuable information!.

I also have a Galaxy Note 4, with a Pioneer AVH-X8650BT and have been having no luck at all with ANY method of connecting my phone to the head unit.

Why is it so difficult for manufacturers to get together and get this sorted!, I can actually connect my phone over mirror link to the head unit, its detected which is great and it then just says "reading-please wait a while" and thats all it does, such a shame as I was so hoping for a mirrored connection.

Oh well!