Battery Suddenly Not Doing As Well As Before, Cannot Figure Out Why

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
So, my battery was previously doing an amazing job. Over the past couple of days, I noticed that it hasn't been doing as well as before.

It still does a great job, but it's not as good, and I really cannot figure out why.

Any ideas?

(I even keep the phone on Power Saving Mode at all times.)

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Did it start around the time you downloaded a specific app? Apps are usually the main cause of sudden dramatic battery drain. You can download battery managers to give you more detail on what is eating your battery than what the stock UI shows.

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I would also suspect recently downloaded apps.

Another possibility is roaming. Were you traveling and roaming during the period when you noticed that the battery wasn't doing well?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it could be a recent application.

I mean, I am sitting at work, not really using the phone much at all, and I am not really losing any power (or not much), just like before.

I just downloaded the Battery Guru application to maybe see what might be running on my phone (if anything).

What other applications can we all use?

I don't think that BetterBatteryStats works.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
GSAM seems to have LOTS of info in it...

Yeah, it could be a recent application.

I mean, I am sitting at work, not really using the phone much at all, and I am not really losing any power (or not much), just like before.

I just downloaded the Battery Guru application to maybe see what might be running on my phone (if anything).

What other applications can we all use?

I don't think that BetterBatteryStats works.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Something else to consider; when is the last time you rebooted or powered off/on? Because I've seen behind the scenes updates to Google Play Services or Play Store cause unexpected increase in battery drain until a reboot sets things straight again.

Each night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress