Just Switched From Windows Phone

katxstate

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I just switched over from a Lumia 920 over the weekend. My 920 was on its last leg and there was no other Windows Phone out there that seemed like an "upgrade" worth my money. I deced to try out Android for the first time ever and went with the Note 4. So far, I'm really digging it. The apps are beautiful and fully funtional (something I'm not used to at all!). I'm very happy to see that all of my Microsoft services are available as well. Considering I'm too deep monetarily into Xbox Music, OneDrive, OneNote, its nice to see that I can use all these services. The S Pen is fantastic to use in OneNote and will be accompanying me to all my meetings.

I post this thread to see if anyone can suggest ways to make my transition a bit easier. I believe I have found all the apps I need, downloaded the Next Lock Screen, and am learning widgets. What has eased the transition to some of you in the past while switching over to Android? What customization featrues are there that I should explore? I'm brand new, rather tech savy, and completely lost in the Android world. I know the users over at WPCentral have helped me in the past and the community was amazing. I'm looking foward to communicating with you all during this transition. Thank you in advance!

Adam

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to android and the AC forums Adam! The only advice I can give you is to read the different threads. There are So many tips and nuggets dropped by the pros in some of the craziest places I just can't leave. They give great advice in here and make great suggestions from texting to launchers for complete customization of your new NOTE. It is rediculas. Even advice for battery saving and speed enhancements. Whatever you need to know the kind folks in here have or will hook you up. Again...welcome!

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I got a Note Edge yesterday. I just switched from using a 1520 after a briefly using iPhone 6 Plus and am trying to learn all the features of Note and Android. Using all the features on iPhone took very little time but the Note is more challenging, especially if I decide to explore custom launchers or rooting. I find watching tips and tricks videos on YouTube helpful. Samsung's apps are better than anticipated; Samsung's browser seems better optimized than Chrome. I've installed my core apps but haven't had a chance to explore new ones. Like you I am heavily invested in Xbox Music but I am transitioning to Spotify, primarily because Spotify has higher audio streaming and download quality.The one disappointment so far is Microsoft Office is unavailable on Note 4.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I got a Note Edge yesterday. I just switched from using a 1520 after a briefly using iPhone 6 Plus and am trying to learn all the features of Note and Android. Using all the features on iPhone took very little time but the Note is more challenging, especially if I decide to explore custom launchers or rooting. I find watching tips and tricks videos on YouTube helpful. Samsung's apps are better than anticipated; Samsung's browser seems better optimized than Chrome. I've installed my core apps but haven't had a chance to explore new ones. Like you I am heavily invested in Xbox Music but I am transitioning to Spotify, primarily because Spotify has higher audio streaming and download quality.The one disappointment so far is Microsoft Office is unavailable on Note 4.

You now have the best phone out well besides the note edge there's plenty of video to teach you all the trick I ever had all the note 123 and now 4 no other phone can do so much but to truly get everything out of the note you need to spend time with it one more thing you see that Lil pen ....Use it !! THE pen is the game changer

Posted via the Android Central App

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Switching to Android from another platform can definitely be daunting given the extensive customization options available. This is even more true for a device like the Note, that has even more features than the regular Android smartphone. It's definitely worth the learning curve though, and even now, after having this phone for nearly two months, I'm still learning new things every day. This helps to keep the phone fresh, and is a big reason why I plan to keep it as my daily driver for the foreseeable future. There's just nothing else around that offers this kind of experience.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The S Pen is fantastic to use in OneNote and will be accompanying me to all my meetings.

I have found the S Pen with OneNote is very useful.

You will find that the OneDrive App keeps the documents in the 'cloud', and does not keep a copy synced to the device. I use an app called "FolderSync' which keeps a copy synced to my phone. That way I can edit a document even if offline.
I found the included Hancom Office works well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessfviz