Note 4 to TV

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a question, I have a TV that's not exactly new, its a Panasonic Viera 42" plasma. Is there anyway to link my Note 4 to it using a device? Like can I use the Chrome device or is there something else? The TV works great that I don't want or need to replace it.

Thanks,

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I wanted the Chromecast because I have heard great things about it but when i went to get it.. they were out so I got the Belkin which I love but geez it was 40.00 more.... but I can say I got my moneys worth out of it. =)

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I heard and read the Microsoft's device is way better than chrome cast.. better quality streaming and no lag.. I'm probably going to be ordering one soon

Posted via the Android Central App

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, you can use Chromecast if your TV has a USB port. It works like a charm and is very cheap.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

rdroyer

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Chromecast is the easiest way in my opinion. It has its hiccups but once you get it all setup it's pretty seamless.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, you can use Chromecast if your TV has a USB port. It works like a charm and is very cheap.
If it has an HDMI port. (It even has a short HDMI extension cable, in case you can't fit the Chromecast itself in the right position to plug it in to the TV. The USB port is just to power it, and it comes with a power wallwart and a pretty decent length power cable if the TV has no USB port.

As far as streaming, I've never noticed any problems. It takes a while for it to update when you first plug it in, a portrait screen orientation looks funny on a 16:9 screen and you have to run the Chromecast app if you want to mirror (they call it 'cast') the screen, so you can see any app on the TV. Otherwise only Chromecast-aware apps like Chrome and Youtube (and Firefox sort of) and a few others will work. (The app is free.) Best Buy should still have them for $25. It's worth it if you use it. (Chromecast mirroring has a list of phones the app works on so far, and instructions on where to press what to get your phone casting. The Note 3 is listed, so the Note 4 should work also. And Best Buy has a liberal return policy if it doesn't work with your phone. I think you have until January 15th to return things bought until Christmas. I know it's January 15th - I don't know when the cutoff is, but any sales associate can tell you. And you can't miss them - they have them piled up like Christmas decorations all over the computer department and at the Geek Squad desk.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87