Has anyone disabled Air Wake Up?

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be eating up most of my battery. Wonder if anyone has disabled it and what you can report back.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418907607775.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418907607775.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 135

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I thought this comes off by default, anyway, just go to Settings-Device-Accesibility-Dexterity and interaction and turn it off there.

BUT it has happened to me once, so Force Stopping it and then turn it on again (Going to that menu and turn it off and on again) it fixes the battery drain, Until next time...

I think a reboot will do just the same, try and see.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine was off by default when I got my phone. I actually turned it on to try, but didn't really use it so turned off. Sorry as I really didn't notice my battery being affected by it.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried it for a few days and it was just so terrible compared to the Moto X that my wife has, that I felt sheepish even pretending to think that my device had that 'capability'. It has a long ways to go before it would be useful. I'd have to hove my hand over it just perfectly or it wouldn't do anything. By the time it registered, I could have unlocked my phone by hand and sent a short text.

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I turned it off as well. It worked okay for me but it would turn on sometimes when I put it in my pocket. Not worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I thought I had it off. Maybe the update turned it back on.
Thank you for the feedback.

TheRuss

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I thought this comes off by default, anyway, just go to Settings-Device-Accesibility-Dexterity and interaction and turn it off there.

BUT it has happened to me once, so Force Stopping it and then turn it on again (Going to that menu and turn it off and on again) it fixes the battery drain, Until next time...

I think a reboot will do just the same, try and see.

Ah, thanks SO SO much for this! I turned this feature on with Nova Launcher (not realising the option was in the settings) and then used Nova to turn it off and even to force stop the process, but then I kept noticing my phone screen turn on when my hand went near it.

Low and behold, the setting was still on in the above mentioned menu. I've now switched it off, hopefully for good.

FYI, for anyone reading this topic in future, my setting was in Settings>Personalisation>Accessibility>Dexterity and Interaction

I wonder if this'll help my battery out much. Air Wake Up wasn't even shown in my battery usage. (Weirdly, Bluetooth wasn't either, and these days it's on all day for my Android Wear and my car.)

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
It seems to be eating up most of my battery. Wonder if anyone has disabled it and what you can report back.

Enabled it once and it did the same thing as urs...It DRAINED battery like crazy, and I disabled it!

RiaBrown

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I disabled mine and it keeps turning itself back on. When I notice my battery go from 100% to 90% within five minutes of being removed from the charger, I know it is back on. I don't use it, so I disabled it, like a lot of the bloatware on TouchWiz. Any advice to keep it permanently disabled?

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
turned it off. While the idea is nice it worked okay but used top much battery and unlocking the phone otherwise has been faster for me