Robin's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Thread

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Lollipop? hope its soon!

Honestly I personally don't need it lol. This phone works awesome. I always wanted the newest OS on my phone and was so excited to get them, like a kid on Christmas morning... Then I got it and was disappointed cause it always broke something in the phone. I also understand wanting the new OS on a Nexus device cause it always at least changed something but with Samsung putting touch wiz over it anyway I don't really see the point of the update cause it won't look like lollipop does for anyone else anyway. And the functionality won't change because of touchwiz

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

So many people seem so excited about Lollipop; i just don't get it.

I installed Lollipop on my Nexus 4 when I switched over to the Note 4 as a daily driver. I hate it on my Nexus 4. The battery stats section is practically worthless now and the quick settings panel sucks, I want my quick tiles back!

Not digging material design for system UI much at all. All of the bright colors just waste battery on AMOLED displays. Holo dark FTW.

I swear, google's making android look too simplistic . . taking notes from Apple I guess and trying to dumb things down. What people don't know is missing won't hurt them I guess . ..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

You'll have to forgive my ignorance but I don't know what the big attraction to Lollipop is. My Note 4 (and Note 3 before it) are (were) just fine on Kit Kat.

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

So many people seem so excited about Lollipop; i just don't get it.

I installed Lollipop on my Nexus 4 when I switched over to the Note 4 as a daily driver. I hate it on my Nexus 4. The battery stats section is practically worthless now and the quick settings panel sucks, I want my quick tiles back!

Not digging material design for system UI much at all. All of the bright colors just waste battery on AMOLED displays. Holo dark FTW.

I swear, google's making android look too simplistic . . taking notes from Apple I guess and trying to dumb things down. What people don't know is missing won't hurt them I guess . ..

I had Lollipop on my Nexus 10. Hated it.

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

I don't need it either. I like it on my nexus 4 but I couldn't bear having any issues with it on the note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Axr6

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

I have 5.0 on my Nexus 7 tablet and am impressed with the snappiness and the lack of any bugs, thus far. There is no question that the 7 is both faster and smoother.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I have 5.0 on my Nexus 7 tablet and am impressed with the snappiness and the lack of any bugs, thus far. There is no question that the 7 is both faster and smoother.

That's...wonderful. Will my Note 4 be faster and smoother though? I'm skeptical.

from the IV

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Updates are always interesting to me. I read the change logs and see all of the bugs that it is supposed to fix. I never even notice those bugs. I can wait for the update. My phone has been fine. More than fine actually. And if it adds more features, that's cool. But I'm Stn trying to uncover all of the features that it currently has.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

For me that would be the ability to write to the ex sd card again....without having to root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress