Note 4 personalization apps

abice

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I hate the aqua blue menu theme and same old messaging themes. I was always a fan of go sms but when i tried it on my note 3 I had too many issues I've also tried go launcher and it just seems that it's buggy and there are too many adds. I see that you can buy new fonts for the menus in the settings, can you buy new color schemes or messaging schemes? I don't mind downloading these personalization type apps I just want apps that are official and not bugs or ad based so they become annoying. I don't want to slow up my phone either... I know with go launcher i had to install like 5 other support apps to get it to work then it would crash because the phone could handle it.

Please share screenshots I want to see examples of how personalized people are getting with their note 4's

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can add themes (wallpapers, icons, etc.) to launchers, because most of them are written to be skinned. Other apps? Most of them aren't written to be skinned (a few are), so the only way to change their look is to root and use an app that changes things at runtime (like Xposed and a few of the modules it has that can change this or that).

The only "personalization" I've done is Lollipop icons and my wallpaper is usually for the next holiday.

abice

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Is it called Wanam Xposed? Is Lollipop icons an app download? I'm assuming it's an update to the app icons I'll see if I can find that too

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
OK. I have Nova prime and this is my home screen. No icons all gestures run the main apps I use all the time from the home screen. The live wall paper is gyro 3D which is Cool.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-05-12-57-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-05-12-57-07.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 223

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The icon pack is free and No adds. A screen shot from my app drawer on second screen. And they are Ligna icon pack.

I have No adds anywhere... I hate that crap.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-05-12-57-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-05-12-57-13.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 220

abice

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hm not bad I'll check that one out I think I've heard of it. I tried the Xposed app but I think you have to root the phone I'm not sure I want to do it I'll like to keep it pretty close to stock for awhile

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
This is a nice look. I really like the look of your screens, nice icon pack. I am a big fan of Nova Launcher, but I've decided to go stock for a while and learn some more of the phone's features before installing Nova again.
The icon pack is free and No adds. A screen shot from my app drawer on second screen. And they are Ligna icon pack.

I have No adds anywhere... I hate that crap.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
This is a nice look. I really like the look of your screens, nice icon pack. I am a big fan of Nova Launcher, but I've decided to go stock for a while and learn some more of the phone's features before installing Nova again.

Thanks spotnjack! Everything on my Note are suggestions from the peeps in AC. I do love the icon pack for sure.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

abice

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
So last night I downloaded solo launcher and nova launcher also downloaded Google messenger textra and chomp messenger apps. I ran through them customizing then deleted both launchers. I don't know to me it seems weird and like I'm doing something I shouldn't be. I'm back to TouchWiz I don't really like it it's stock and has a stock feel, I just wish they included a couple more personalization options within TouchWiz. I went into the other launchers and basically tried to set up the same home screen same wallpaper same widgets only difference was showing more apps per page and black labeling for the app, I still could not change the notification drop down or the device setting color scheme I think that customization is going to need to come from Samsung. I haven't given in to switching to a different message app yet it's always the mms messages that keep me stuck on the stock app. I always feel like I'm taking away from the authenticity and luxury of the phone by using one of these personalization apps.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Why would you Feel that customizing your device is something you shouldn't be doing? It's your device and the great thing about using android is the ability to customize. It is your device and your decision to do as you see fit. One thing I would do the next time you decided to try and do some customizing is only download one launcher and use it for a few days to get use to it. Then after a few days of working with it give an evaluation based on a little time.
Whatever you decide good luck!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I always feel like I'm taking away from the authenticity and luxury of the phone by using one of these personalization apps.

That's certainly a perspective I've not heard before but I understand. You want to keep the phone in its purest state.

abice

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I do but I don't. I want to personalize but still keep it true to the product samsung created. I was really hoping there was an app to expand the TouchWiz launcher. So there are additional fonts that you can download right from the device settings menu. But you have to put up with the aqua coloring of the headers or the notification tray. It doesn't have to be elaborate just simple but I feel these third party launchers take away from it so much it's not a Samsung galaxy device. Samsung could develop an alternative launcher that's all I'm getting at.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I do but I don't. I want to personalize but still keep it true to the product samsung created. I was really hoping there was an app to expand the TouchWiz launcher. So there are additional fonts that you can download right from the device settings menu. But you have to put up with the aqua coloring of the headers or the notification tray. It doesn't have to be elaborate just simple but I feel these third party launchers take away from it so much it's not a Samsung galaxy device. Samsung could develop an alternative launcher that's all I'm getting at.

Well let's see What lollipop has to offer. Maybe you will get some of that. I don't know...but maybe.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just love the Note 4 with Nova Prime. All the freedom I want and more.

Attachments

• 1420594878942.jpg
    1420594878942.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 1420594890660.jpg
    1420594890660.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 1420594899770.jpg
    1420594899770.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 57

abice

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I agree I mean that looks good definitely some better widgets the weather widget is pretty nice, essentially it is a clean looking background, that's where for me as long as I can upload a photo from my gallery it will typically be the same. So for me personalizing fonts, notification bars, headers, and labels just stands out more. I tried the Wanam Xposed app again but it gets in to rooting and as I can view options to change I don't actually go through with it because I don't want to screw up my phone

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
...I tried the Wanam Xposed app again but it gets in to rooting and as I can view options to change I don't actually go through with it because I don't want to screw up my phone

Same here...i don't wanna root. My last phone was a crap phone So I rooted it and it was a crappier phone...lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
...that's where for me as long as I can upload a photo from my gallery it will typically be the same. So for me personalizing fonts, notification bars, headers, and labels just stands out more.

I know What you mean. I'm always changing it. Gyro one day...my baby the next. Lol And that's almost as basic as it gets. My baby and the time.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-07-09-01-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-07-09-01-57.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 76

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if there's an app that will change the pics on your home screen like the windows os does. Probably...but probably a battery sucker too.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

abice

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if there's an app that will change the pics on your home screen like the windows os does. Probably...but probably a battery sucker too.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Exactly a slideshow wallpaper good idea again another simple alternative option to offer. I don't think it would be a battery drain unless it was set to change like every 5 minutes I mean if it changes every hour or every day I wouldn't see that being too stressful of a process

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

There are multiple apps that do this. Search for "wallpaper changer" in the play store and voila. I had one two summers ago that I remember working well but I can't recall the name of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall