Why do I get unfortunately calendar storage has stopped?

njl_angel

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I always get the "unfortunately, Calendar storage has stopped" on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Phone.. how do I resolve this? I just got my phone today, and also just had updated.. then I suddenly got that Calendar storage has stopped thing.. Need help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was the phone brand new or refurbished? What calendar accounts are you currently syncing? Is it only your Google Calendar, or do you have other calendars from exchange accounts or other webmail accounts?

George Collins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I got that once, yesterday, but the calendar seemed ok when I opened it (all entries there). ATT N4, bought new 2 months ago, using only the stock calendar syncing with my Google and Samsung accounts. No other calendar apps on board. Only happened once tho.

Posted via the Android Central App

JohnwMurray

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
You need to go to App Manager, list all apps and find an app called "Calendar Storage" and clear cache and data. Clearing S-Planner will not help.

rhfritz

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
This did not work for me on my 7 Edge with android 6.0.1. Even after going to App Manager and showing system apps which then listed "Calendar Storage", clear cache and data did result in clearing the calendar entries. But the next time I refreshed Google Calendar, it came back. I even uninstalled Calendar and the problem persisted. The only thing that made it go away was to Reset my phone back to factory. I am using a tool on my PC called Mobisynapse to sync my outlook calendar to my phone. It's paired with mOffice on the phone. I noticed this problem after the first sync. Oddly, when I performed the Samsung Smart Switch between the Edge and my older Galaxy with Android 4.2.2, the contacts and calendar came over fine. The older Galaxy has no issues with the sync. So I think part of it is due to the difference between Android versions. But I really don't want to Reset my phone again. I have also booted into recovery mode and formatted the entire cache partition which did not solve the problem. But I'm thinking there's some other data Calendar Storage must be reading. I can induce the error simply by Disabling Calendar Storage and then re-enabling it. Where might I go look?

Last edited:

charliecsc

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
This did not work for me on my 7 Edge with android 6.0.1. Even after going to App Manager and showing system apps which then listed "Calendar Storage", clear cache and data did result in clearing the calendar entries. But the next time I refreshed Google Calendar, it came back. I even uninstalled Calendar and the problem persisted. The only thing that made it go away was to Reset my phone back to factory. I am using a tool on my PC called Mobisynapse to sync my outlook calendar to my phone. It's paired with mOffice on the phone. I noticed this problem after the first sync. Oddly, when I performed the Samsung Smart Switch between the Edge and my older Galaxy with Android 4.2.2, the contacts and calendar came over fine. The older Galaxy has no issues with the sync. So I think part of it is due to the difference between Android versions. But I really don't want to Reset my phone again. I have also booted into recovery mode and formatted the entire cache partition which did not solve the problem. But I'm thinking there's some other data Calendar Storage must be reading. I can induce the error simply by Disabling Calendar Storage and then re-enabling it. Where might I go look?

charliecsc

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
None of the above has worked for me either I have a Samsung Edge I'm getting ready to do a factory reset spent two hours last night trying everything else this occurred after I added S Note and to do list in Easy do each of these programs to use the calendar for updates I noted on my data usage tab that I blew through here 5 gigabyte I set it up to 11 gigabyte still couldn't find the end of the data usage so clearly there's something corrupt came from one of those programs

charliecsc

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site

charliecsc

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
The frustrating thing is that all the programs seem to be working but the error message keeps popping up and shutting everything down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty