Why are my system wide sounds starting low?

thaGrimace

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Problem with system wide sounds starting low

I've got a stock Note 4 running 4.4.4 that has peculiar audio issues. It's frustratingly intermittent, so I've yet to find any patterns on when/why this happens. The issue is that for any audio coming from the phone, the volume will start off very low, then after a few seconds, pick up back to normal volume levels. The behavior is very similar to the increasing ringtone volume, but I didn't think that 'feature' should carry over to all system sounds!! :p

This happens with keyboard clicking sounds, text message notifications, unlock screen sounds, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but you get the point. I haven't noticed the issue in music playback, but again, it's very intermittent.

I've already tried a factory reset, and the problem persists.

I'm pretty noob-ish with this sort of stuff...so I don't really know what to do/try. This must be a software issue, right? Does it sound like it could be hardware? Maybe a faulty connection to the speaker? I'm anxious to hear you guys' suggestions. This is a small issue that drives me MAD for some reason.

Thanks guys!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why do system sounds start off quiet then increase in volume? (Not ringtones!)

I've got a stock Note 4 running 4.4.4 that has peculiar audio issues. It's frustratingly intermittent, so I've yet to find any patterns on when/why this happens. The issue is that for any audio coming from the phone, the volume will start off very low, then after a few seconds, pick up back to normal volume levels. The behavior is very similar to the increasing ringtone volume, but I didn't think that 'feature' should carry over to all system sounds!! :p

This happens with keyboard clicking sounds, text message notifications, unlock screen sounds, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but you get the point. I haven't noticed the issue in music playback, but again, it's very intermittent.

I'm pretty noob-ish with this sort of stuff...so I don't really know what to do/try. This must be a software issue, right? Does it sound like it could be hardware? Maybe a faulty connection to the speaker? I'm anxious to hear you guys' suggestions. This is a small issue that drives me MAD for some reason.

Thanks guys!
Have you fixed this problem? I would still suggests looking at system settings > sounds. Check to make sure that you don't have anything set to ascend (ringtone) or that the ringtone selected is not one that ascends. If it continues you should consider contacting the retailer and/or Samsung to see if they can provider further assistance just in case this turns out to be a hardware problem.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem with system wide sounds starting low

Thanks guys!

Have had this same issue going on for months..Kinda got used to it.
There's one theory though..And I am yet to try this..But do you have a lock on your lock screen. I was using the fingerprint scanner for sometime, and I don't recall having this issue..Now that i don't have a lock on my lock screen, I have seen this issue come back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol