Question Huawei P30 Lite whatsapp VN's

leafy

Nov 5, 2023
Visit site
Not sure if this is device or android specific but its driving me nuts. This is the 2nd P30 Lite i've owned that after a while sometimes sends whatsapp voice notes very softly, like the mic's volume is turned down. The receiver cant hear anything as it sounds like I'm whispering. It works fine when using any other app that can record audio. It only happens on P30 lite and when using whatsapp. No other app or other phone has this issue that I know of. I know a factory reset will resolve the issue cause I've tried it before but then it happens again after a while. Tried reinstalling whatsapp as well. I need to figure out what's causing this.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. Yes it sounds like your issue is not with the phone per se but something that is going on with the device. It really sounds like you have a bad app, either in the foreground or the background when dealing with WhatsApp.

You've proven that factory resets and new devices work which indicates something is happening elsewhere on the device and takes a while to happen. So it's like this happens when app X is open or opened. Try this go to your multi task screen, some call it your quick switch screen, where you can see all of your background apps and close them all. Close and/or force close if they refuse to close all of your background apps. Restart the phone, check to see if everything is still closed, only open WhatsApp and attempt to make a voice message. By the way just so that we know, when you listen to the message back, is it quite for you too? Just wondering because that will mean you won't have to send the message to know if this works. What is the result?

I should have asked before but didn't think of it, is this an official version of WhatsApp? Did you get it from the Play Store, Amazon App Store or someplace that scans and checks apps before publishing them? You should be weary of random online app stores and opt to get apps only from trusted sources.

Back to the testing. If that worked, you now have a place to start. I would use the device normally until the issue happened again, then go into the background app list and just see what is open. It may be just as simple as closing apps one by one, testing until it works then knowing that the issue was likely the last app you closed.

It could also be the app, as I didn't see anywhere where you mentioned maintenance on the app. You said you tried reinstalling the app but didn't say if that method worked. Before trying another factory reset I would try clearing the cache for WhatsApp (WA) then uninstalling the app and installing it again. Sometimes things don't get cleared out just by uninstalling the app. You might try just clearing the cache also. To do this go to Settings>Applications>WhatsApp>Storage>Clear cache.

I feel like it is more than likely another app but try both and let us know what you find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana