Sprint Lollipop Update Thoughts and comments

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just finished my update seems fast but device is real hot!

Yeah mine did too,plus my lhone went down about 30% in an hour but once it updated and all the apps updated (oh and after the phone crashed and rebooted on its own) all is good now and running beautifully.

Posted via the Android Central App

kurt p

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I hope this update doesn't ruin my battery life, it wasn't that good to begin with.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the voice key on the keyboard. I tried the old method of holding the voice key then tapping what option I wanted but that's not doing anything.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
On my S5 with Lollipop, when you turn on private messages, it hides the content while on the lock screen, but once you unlock it and pull down the menu it shows you the persons name and start of the message. With 5.0.1 it keeps it hidden even if you pull down the menu. So you can't see any messages unless you open the application itself. It seems like the S5 functionality seems more accurate. If I have my phone unlocked, nothing should be hidden anymore. Am I wrong to think that?

Go to sounds & notifications then scroll all the way down to the bottom. Then choose show all content while locked. It worked for my daughter's s5.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! My app is up to date but I just did a search and it seems like the change with the notification bar caused this to stop working in other phones, and the dev is looking for a workaround. Hopefully there will be an update soon to fix this issue, as with a large screen it made it much more convenient.

They said they found the fix and will include it in next release.

As for everything else, the update has been flawless for me. Battery life, speed, smoothness...all good as ever.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Update installed flawlessly. .. device got warm, battery drained pretty fast, once everything updated. .. (about and hour), it cooled back down, and has been running great!

I think the only thing I DON'T like is that notifications are now bright white, and contacts pics in dialer are very small... (like the new dialer, though.)

5he drop down notifications being so bright is annoying, though. I wish Google would offer dark themes for Gmail too.

But they seem to hate dark themes.

...sent from a phabulous HAL 9002, a Sprint Galaxy Note 4.... ;-)

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Did the update today.. seems to be pretty zippy, just smooth more than anything.

Can't figure out how to edit lock screen items, now that everything shows up on the lock screen. Also would really prefer to be able to change the color.

only bug/issues/change I have found that I don't like is on the apps carrousel, I can't just swipe from the SIDE, either side to close an app. One has to actually touch the menu bar of an app in the carrousel to slide it right or left. Will have to change the muscle memory to fix that.

Oh, and it does seem to be running about 500MB at least more RAM usage just from a reboot.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
In about 24 hours in now and i must say this is running flawlessly. I cant remember an update that has gone this smooth. Sprint got this one right the 1st time.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My update went flawlessly. ..

Glad I didn't need a Factory Reset. .. huge PITA! :)

didn't have time for THAT today.... :)

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Updated and didn't take long to install but after all my note felt really warm. After a few hours of usage I noticed most apps did show some sluggish operation. Did some troubleshooting and ended up clearing out the cache partition. Been working OK since.... Fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone with the Lollipop update use or own a Gear VR? I'd be interested to know if it works since I know they postponed the update for the 99.5% of Note owners who don't own or care about it for the 0.05% of Note Owners who have purchased a VR.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
My battery is draining like mad. Two resets and a battery pull. I've lost 40 percent in two and a half hours of similar use.

Battery monitor Apps will help you find the culprit.

Galaxy Note 4

Galaxy S III
LG G2
If it ain't Tech, it ain't Right.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone with the Lollipop update use or own a Gear VR? I'd be interested to know if it works since I know they postponed the update for the 99.5% of Note owners who don't own or care about it for the 0.05% of Note Owners who have purchased a VR.

the VR stuff is in the update

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Update installed flawlessly. .. device got warm, battery drained pretty fast, once everything updated. .. (about and hour), it cooled back down, and has been running great!

I think the only thing I DON'T like is that notifications are now bright white, and contacts pics in dialer are very small... (like the new dialer, though.)

5he drop down notifications being so bright is annoying, though. I wish Google would offer dark themes for Gmail too.

But they seem to hate dark themes.

mine wasn't warm at all during the update although that may have been due to my otterbox case.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree that a factory reset is a must with this new os because i was getting errors

My update got stuck after Optimizing Apps.
I figured I'd do a battery pull after sitting for 2 hours and looking at a rotating circle in front of starting apps.

I pulled battery (Didn't Brick it).
Started it up. Everything was choppy.
Okay, went to recovery to wipe the cache partition, (Not Factory Reset)

Phone runs beautifully now.

Galaxy Note 4

Galaxy S III
LG G2
If it ain't Tech, it ain't Right.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana