Anyone Tried getting 2k or 4k mp4 files to play on a Vizio TV?

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a P502ui-B1 and cannot get the 2k or 4k videos to play via the USB stick. I record them on my Note 4 and try to play them. "Unsupported format" but 1080P works great.

Vizio has there own 4k .mp4 video I tried that and it works fine. Wondering if its the encoding of the Note 4 that might be not compatible?

Anyone try this?

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I havent got a 4k tv to try it but you may be able to try a test, if you have a pc or mac download the free GoPro studio software for editing gopro video. It will also import video from samsung and a few other brand phones. Then save it as a 4k video from inside the software and see if that file will play on your tv. If it does then I would say its the file format from the phone causing the problem.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I heard Back from Vizio,

Just heard back after a follow up with them! Hear is the answer I received "It has to be HEVC H.265 in order for it to work in 4k. The Note 4 doesn't record in that format."

Not Sure if the Note 4 can do that or a different camera application out there.

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
hand break Version 0.10.1 will save in h265 format.
Thats a bummer, the videos will have to be re-encoded. Even my new GoPro Hero 4 black 4k mode is AVC h264 straight out of the camera.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
hand break Version 0.10.1 will save in h265 format.
Thats a bummer, the videos will have to be re-encoded. Even my new GoPro Hero 4 black 4k mode is AVC h264 straight out of the camera.

Actually I need H.265, which Hand Brake will covert. But on the tv, still cant pksy the video correctly.... but Hsnd Brake is pretty cool

Posted via the Android Central App