battery life advices

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Heya all.

My battery life is very bad compared to you guys judging from your batery life screen shots.

I've even seen 8 hours of screen time on some guys battery info.

So today I compared my battery life stats with a Xperia z2 of a friend and was suprised that android os consumptions wasn't even listed on his phone.

Is this consumption seems right?

I use Google keeps location based notifications I never turn off sync nor Wi fi nor mobile connection.

Any thoughts ?

Edit: I was on nearly 3 hrs of screen time when I posted this and was at 14%

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-31-17-06-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-31-17-06-48.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Heya all.

My battery life is very bad compared to you guys judging from your batery life screen shots.

I've even seen 8 hours of screen time on some guys battery info.

So today I compared my battery life stats with a Xperia z2 of a friend and was suprised that android os consumptions wasn't even listed on his phone.

Is this consumption seems right?

I use Google keeps location based notifications I never turn off sync nor Wi fi nor mobile connection.

Any thoughts ?

Edit: I was on nearly 3 hrs of screen time when I posted this and was at 14%

Posted via the Android Central App

Google location services could be the issue, it can cause your battery to go down.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Show us a few more stats:

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

How new is the phone and the battery? Do you routinely drain the phone to single digits before recharging? If so, that can reduce the overall lifespan of the battery. In general, try not to let the battery get much below 40% on a regular basis.

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Thansk for the answers.

Show us a few more stats:

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

How new is the phone and the battery? Do you routinely drain the phone to single digits before recharging? If so, that can reduce the overall lifespan of the battery. In general, try not to let the battery get much below 40% on a regular basis.

I get the same usage percentages every single day, this is not a new issue for me. But will post it again tomorrow with more detail.

I ordered 2 back up batteries with a charger in order to overcome this battery issue anyway but I wonder if there is more i can do.

I generally use the battery till it is nearly empty as I am generally outside. Phone is 4 months old.

Thank you for your help, I will post again tomorrow.

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Those percentages look normal to me. The percent use of the OS and System is usually anywhere between 15% and 25%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa