Entire glass of wine spilled on phone - no problem

lagunarad

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My local bartender was wiping down the bar top where I was sitting and accidentally knocked over my full glass of chardonnay. It went all over my phone which was lying face up. He quickly grabbed it and dried it off with a towel. There seems to be absolutely no sign of damage. I've read the S5 is waterproof, but what about the Note4?

Posted via the Android Central App

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
but it could be wineproof :) Also beware of any "Drunk dialing" that your phone may initiate for the next 24 hours until it sobers up.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not billed as water resistant or splashproof. However, it's possible that no water (or wine) happened to get into any openings. You got lucky, I guess. Excellent news!!!

KyleDC

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I've been waiting for a post like this! Let's just back track a bit. Late last year when I first obtained my Note 4, I decided to go through and read my whole manual. Well surprise surprise on page 22 (check your manual out) there is information on how the Note 4 is water-resistant and "meets requirements of classification IP67". Well I brought it to these forums and of course everyone shunned me down saying that its impossible because of the micro usb slot and s pen slot (because somehow even though its possible to make an audio jack waterproof its not possible to do the same to the other ports). I then decided to search for people like TechRax who torture test devices and tried to see if they were willing to submerge a note 4 in water, but of course no one was willing to do it. I guess your experience was the closest id hear of a waterproof test! But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that someone else will do a proper test in the near future.