My personal impressions on the Exynos Galaxy Note7

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
what is carrier aggregation?

I'm on AT&T so I'm not worried about the carrier. More worried about when it would be available and how much.
Basically the ability to utilize more than one carrier/channel for increased bandwidth and faster plus more consistent data speeds.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, I have to add that I also have Samsung's Fast Wireless Charger.

It charged mine from around 40% to 94% in a mere hour. Pretty happy with the speed, especially for a wireless charger.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The Exynos version uses a different DAC compared to the Snapdragon version. According to SamMobile's app, it's a "Lucky CS47L91 Sound" chip, like the S7.

From experience, the best I can say is that it delivers good sound, but don't expect HTC 10-level audio quality, let alone that of an LG V10 and Axon 7. However, it's definitely better than that of the Snapdragon version, which uses the built-in DAC on the 820, which is known for being functional, but nothing special.

I'm not entirely sure who makes the DAC, as some say it's Wolfson while others say it's Cirrus Logic. Cirrus Logic acquired Wolfson in 2014, so either would be likely.
Actually the snapdragon note 7 has the same Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio codec DAC chip like the HTC 10, the audio is much better than the S7.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree, great review. I'm so tempted to try the unlocked version. It doesn't go on sale on Amazon until the 31st.

zhudm66

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
"The serious issue, though, is the serious keyboard lag on SwiftKey. It's terrible. If you type slowly, it has no issue keeping up, but if you type really fast, the keyboard really struggles to keep up. On the stock keyboard, this doesn't really happen. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the software or SwiftKey, but given that SK has also started to act up on my stock Android-powered devices, I'm not ready to blame TW....yet."

I'm no expert but I think there ARE related issues witb stock keyboard as well... in that "auto replace" seems to be a little dumber than S7 edge's. If you type fast on N7 stock kb, chances are 50% of the time words that should be replaced stays uncorrected and needs manual intervention. Howevet if you slow down the typing speed a little the predictive and replacement pace gets more accurate. So maybe it's also lag related and or a combination of sw tweaks they need to bring it back to S7's efficiency.