Why do I lose my BT and WiFi every day?

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com
Loss of BT and WiFi every day

I received a brand new Galaxy Note 4 from Sprint a few months ago to replace a problematic LG G2, but didn't activate it until last week (it sat in it's box prior to that and wasn't even turned on). At first, it worked great, but recently it has been losing Bluetooth and 2.4 GHz (I think) WiFi connectivity every day or so (usually when I wake up in the morning), and the only way to get it back is to restart the phone.

Has anyone heard of this? Or have any suggestions on troubleshooting or resolutions?

Thanks very much!

Three things to mention:
1) I did the tap & go to transfer my data from my old LG G2 (running some version of Android 4.x - I can't remember which one specifically) to my Note 4, but that was a week or so ago and the problems only started in the last few days.
2) The Note 4 came with a version of Android 4.x, but I updated it to Android Lollipop - again, this was done a week or so ago and the device seemed to work with no issues after doing it.
3) I am using the Samsung Gear 2 watch with the phone via Bluetooth but it seems all BT connectivity dies when the above issue happens (such as no ability to connect it to my car BT, etc.)

Thanks for any assistance!

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com
Re: Loss of BT and WiFi every day

Ok - just did the cache partition wipe - I guess I'll find out if that works in the next day or two. And nope, don't have Mobile Iron installed.

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com

Cache partition wipe doesn't seem to have worked. This morning I woke up, and the device had lost it's connection with my 2.4 GHz WiFi network (wasn't even seeing it in the list of possible WiFi connections nor any other 2.4 GHz connections as far as I can tell), and had connected to my 5 GHz WiFi network, and while it still showed connected to my Samsung Gear 2 watch, I don't think BT was working since I tried to connect it to another BT device and it failed. I then restarted, and it worked fine (until tomorrow morning presumably). Any other thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The two main things I'd be concerned about are (1) did the Lollipop update royally mess things up, which is possible given the various complaints out there about the update, or (2) is the phone defective? Either way, you may end up having to contact Samsung for warranty repair/replacement.

The only other thing I can suggest at this point is Safe Mode, to see if there's something 3rd party that's causing the issue: Galaxy Note 4 Safe Mode: What you need to know | Android Central

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com

The two main things I'd be concerned about are (1) did the Lollipop update royally mess things up, which is possible given the various complaints out there about the update, or (2) is the phone defective? Either way, you may end up having to contact Samsung for warranty repair/replacement.

The only other thing I can suggest at this point is Safe Mode, to see if there's something 3rd party that's causing the issue: Galaxy Note 4 Safe Mode: What you need to know | Android Central

Is this something that could possibly be a defect? And how would everyone suggest I use Safe Mode to troubleshoot this problem, since it only occurs sporadically (i.e. overnight sometimes, etc.)?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

As I mentioned previously, it could potentially be a problem with the firmware, or a defect with the phone, but I'm not sure the best way to figure that out.

If the problem is due to some 3rd party app, then Safe Mode can help figure that out. But if the problem is only intermittent, it can be difficult to tell, unless you use the phone in Safe Mode for a few days in a row. This might not be feasible, since most people rely on 3rd party apps for day to day use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member