Why can't my Galaxy Note4 download apps from unknown sources since the Lollipop update?

elizagouveia

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy Note4 can not download apps from unknown sources since lollipop update

When I try to download apps from the Amazon App Store or Aptoide I receive a error message saying that the package installer has stopped working. Can anyone help please? Thank you.

Rick Bawaan

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note4 can not download apps from unknown sources since lollipop update

I had the same problem. I found a solution earlier today that worked. Unmount your SD card or power off the phone and removed the SD card. When I powered on my phone without the card, the Amazon app installs completed successfully. I put in another SD card (newly formatted) just to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue and the Package Assist Helper error started up again and I was unable to install Amazon apps. Pulling the card got app installations working again. Hope that this fix works for you as well.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note4 can not download apps from unknown sources since lollipop update

Perhaps the Lollipop update reset your security settings to their default status, which includes preventing the installation of apps from outside sources.

Did you check your security settings to see if that was disabled?

Posted via the Android Central App

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

I downloaded 5 non Google APK files today. Each time I was asked to allow this APK just this once, I ticked OK. This was done five times and they downloaded no problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87