Favorite Twitter app

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I came from iPhone and was a Tweetbot user (best Twitter app I have ever used) So I was disappointed when I came to a Note 4 and realized my most used app would not be avaible for me.

I tried a few different apps and stumbled upon Fenix, the app is great, but I realized an issue today. When someone uses the new RT quote feature and then comments on your Tweets, those do not show up in your mentions. So anytime someone has used that feature, I am not getting those @ replies. It works fine on the official Twitter app, but I am not a fan of that one. I did contact the developer of app to see if he is aware of the issue.

So I was just curious what other Twitter apps people use?

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
For Twitter I use Twitter. 3rd party apps seem like a complete waste of time and they lack some features of the native app because not every API is available to 3rd party app developers.

I also use Facebook for Facebook. I'm crazy that way.

Andrew Blackburn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
That is my biggest issue with Android. . I use both ios and android but there is no twitter application on android that comes anywhere near tweetbot on ios......... and believe me I've tried most of the better ones. You might want to try Tweetings. Close but no cigar

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
That is my biggest issue with Android. . I use both ios and android but there is no twitter application on android that comes anywhere near tweetbot on ios......... and believe me I've tried most of the better ones. You might want to try Tweetings. Close but no cigar

Speaking of that. I bought Tweetings on Friday and it's really close to Tweetbot.
This app is really, really good. Could change a few things, but it seems like the developer is very active. Doesn’t use a lot of battery and the notifications are great.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
For Twitter I use Twitter. 3rd party apps seem like a complete waste of time and they lack some features of the native app because not every API is available to 3rd party app developers.

I also use Facebook for Facebook. I'm crazy that way.

The Twitter app has always been a disgrace in comparison to 3rd party apps. Apps like TweetCaster, Carbon, and Falcon Pro have been far superior not only in ease of use, but also appearance. The native Twitter app almost scared me away from Twitter forever, but thanks to 3rd party apps that were so much better, I got back into it and love it now using Carbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty