Battery flat instantly from 20+%

Gozadaman

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Strange no? This is what I expect though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-28-17-56-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-28-17-56-16.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 57

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Strange no? This is what I expect though.

Agreed. After two weeks of having mune set up the way I wanted, the battery started draining quicker today than usual. Hopefully 5.1.1 is near.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Gozadaman

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Strange how it fluctuates so much. We're talking differences of 20+ hours between charges. Android OS and System seem to be the culprit but what specifically I have no idea...

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So right now my battery goes from 100% to 50% in about four hours. I've had the phone since it first came out. Is this normal? Oh and that is just from sitting untouched.

Gozadaman

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd say not. Maybe post a screenshot of your power usage screen. There's a lot of things that can be tweaked to extend battery life.

Sonny Shah

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
So I've been having the same battery drainage issues with my Note 4 as well. I got mine back in October and still have the original battery. Yesterday my phone died 3, yes three, times yesterday! I even sent a tweet out publicly to samsung and verizon about this and all I've been doing is chatting with samsung mobile support over twitter direct messages.

I've noticed that my battery will also go from 20% and then turn off. And when I check battery usages, Android OS is running at close to 20%. This has significantly become worse since Verizon sent out an update just a couple weeks ago. I'll post up some of my battery usages soon.

What should I do?

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Its just the discharge are annoying. If you pay attention to Black Fridays you can get the Note 4 battery for 12$ from Samsung :)

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Have any of you tried a cache partition wipe or running in safe mode for a bit? If there's residual junk, like a Windows machine can act like, it could cause it and if there's a rogue app, safe mode will determine if that.
They are both much faster and easier (and cheaper) than a total reset or new battery. We're stuck with lollipop and Android fragmentation for a bit longer it seems so we've got to figure this stuff out ourselves. No guarantee that M will fix the battery life problems either because we'll still be stuck with fragmentation of aftermarket stuff.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Its just the discharge are annoying. If you pay attention to Black Fridays you can get the Note 4 battery for 12$ from Samsung :)

Amazon has a replacement battery for $14.11 shipped, if you're a Prime member. I just picked one up.

Gozadaman

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I did a religious reset of the cache partition practically once a month on lollipop. Safe mode results in a not so smartphone and I like the device doing all the goodies it can do. Avg battery life is now 30+ hours this week. Next week I'll be down to something crazy again no doubt. Thanks for the advice though.

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So I stopped using the fast charging while charging my phone. Since then it has greatly improved my battery life. I'll be down to about 25% battery in like 13-14 hours now. For instance, today I unplugged my phone from the charger at around 8 am this morning...It's 9 pm now and I'm at 27% battery. And I wad on the internet a lot today.

Gozadaman

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Surprisingly, my stellar battery life also came after disabling fast charging :S I've no need for the fast charge, leaving my phone like most, on charge overnight. Easy enough to toggle fast charge on should I need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa