Heart rate monitor broken

scandy71

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Ive had my galaxy note for 1 week and all of a sudden the hrm has stopped working, as in there is no red light anymore when I place my finger on the sensor. I have ran the test by doing *#0*# and the red light does not turn on when running the start test. It does however recognize the my finger is there as the graph goes up and down, just no red light. If i run the eol test the red light does actually come on but the test results have 5 fail errors. So for some reason the phone is not telling the red light to turn on when the finger is on the sensor.
Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks for your help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like a hardware problem, but you could try doing a factory reset of the phone. You've only had it for a week, so setting it up again shouldn't be that much of a PITA (just remember to back everything up as a factory resets wipes out all data in the phone). But if after that it still happens, I'd get it exchanged. I'm sure it's still under warranty.

You can also try to go into safe mode, not open any apps and then just run the HR Monitor. If it works there but when you boot into normal mode it doesn't, then it's a 3rd party app that's conflicting with the sensor.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I would send the phone back if you're on Verizon. They replaced my phone just because the stylus wouldn't stay in the slot.
That sounds like a manufacturer defect and I would just ask for another phone if your covered. Or go for the dreaded Factory Reset (((dundunduuun))) see if that help. Sorry couldn't be more help. Use these suggestions as a last resort if no one else has a solution.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Android Central Forums

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Reminds me of the Groucho Marx gag where he holds a fainted man's wrist and looks at his watch: "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped!" :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo