Galaxy Watch 4 heart rate flashes

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
here in the last few weeks my watch 4 has been having problems with the continuous heart rate. every time i want to look at it it flashes the same number for 5-20 seconds. and every minute or so it does it again. sometimes several times a minute. i had the band on really tight last night and it still did it. but i can't have it tight for long because i had a bad skin rash from it too tight and it took a two weeks to heal up completely. sometimes in the last few weeks, when i take it off the charge the heart rate screen gets stuck at 1200am or whatever time and flashes the same heartrate number for 10-20 seconds or even a minute till i reboot the watch. I shouldn't have to reboot it every day.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
A 'flashing' heart rate means the sensor cannot get a lock on a reading. Try cleaning the back of the watch, wearing it in a different position from the wrist (should be a couple fingers down), not overly tight but not loose (and for some it helps to apply moisturizer in the morning, especially in dry, cold weather) and reboot the watch.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I tired cleaning it several times. And tonight. Then reset the watch and 2 hours i spent trying to figure out how to restore all my watch faces. I have to do it one at a time with the apps already downloaded. But there was no way in the play store to find all my faces in a simple list. Now i checked the heat rate and it is flashing most the time again before the screen goes back to the clock. I'm disappointed

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try wearing it on the other wrist or re-adjusting the position on the wrist you wear it on. If this works, there may be something on your skin or the specific position you wear your watch that may be interfering with the sensor. If that doesn't work, then you know the sensor is probably defective (and, hopefully, you're still under warranty for a replacement).

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Try wearing it on the other wrist or re-adjusting the position on the wrist you wear it on. If this works, there may be something on your skin or the specific position you wear your watch that may be interfering with the sensor. If that doesn't work, then you know the sensor is probably defective (and, hopefully, you're still under warranty for a replacement).

i wonder if the last update a few weeks ago has anything to do with it? I tried looking online and on Samsungs forum and I see nothing about it. I tried posting on there but my post kept getting error messages and after several tries I can't up on posting.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Update: i got a software update the other night for the watch and the heart rate seems to be more responsive now. and it also seems to match the elliptical heart rate at the gym better now. Before it was up to 20 numbers off.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk