Note 4 apps and info to new a Note 4(replaced under warranty). How to transfer.

f5air

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
hi there guys, didnt find any thread about it, maybe is there but cant find the exact info. Im sending my almost new (4 days) Note 4 for replacement due the bad camera focus issue. I will get a brand new Note with exact the same options and version (SM-S910A). I did the back up in Kies but dont know if i connect the new one on Kies will allow me to copy exactly the same setup and custom information that i have now.

Best Regards,

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Back the apps up with App Backup & Restore.

Back up the data with Helium. (If the phone's not rooted, you have to connect the phone to a computer and download a little file they give you the link to, to tell the pp to run.)

Copy both the AB&R folder and the carbon folder (that's Helium) to your computer.

When you get the new phone, you can just copy the folders to it, find AB&R in its folder (let it back itself up when you're making the backup) using My Files, tap it and it'll install. Then you can use it to restore everything else.

Then run Helium, go to the restore tab, choose the data for the apps you want restored and let it run.

See Backing up an Android Device for SMS, pictures, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bensonboon24