Cortana

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Probably could of posted this else where but here goes. Anyone know how to disable "Ok Google"? Been using Cortana alot since upgrading my laptop to Windows 10. I have the latest beta of Cortana installed on my phone and I just saw an article where you can now set it as default voice assistant. Want to use.it for a while to see if its all what I have heard.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

edepot

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I actually have Windows 10 installed (I am on their windows insider program). To tell you the truth, I actually don't use Cortana or Google Now (nor siri). Can you state what you actually use them for? I think of them as gimmicks. Even my Playstation 4 has voice recognition, but it is easier to just click buttons than rely on poor translation or the delay and the need of Wi-fi just for simple tasks you can accomplish with a few finger motions.

I have never even used the Google Now feature in Note 4 yet. What do you ask your phone?

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I actually have Windows 10 installed (I am on their windows insider program). To tell you the truth, I actually don't use Cortana or Google Now (nor siri). Can you state what you actually use them for? I think of them as gimmicks. Even my Playstation 4 has voice recognition, but it is easier to just click buttons than rely on poor translation or the delay and the need of Wi-fi just for simple tasks you can accomplish with a few finger motions.

I have never even used the Google Now feature in Note 4 yet. What do you ask your phone?
Google Now to me is better the more you use it. I like it for the fact that it reminds me of alot of things, appointments orders I made, news relevant to me. Sports news etc about my prefered teams. There is more but I just like it. Just want to see how Cortana is.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
You would disable it through the language and input settings. It's easy to disable. Speech Input and then Google Settings. You'll see the OK GOOGLE recognition setting if you want to turn it off. Or retrain it if it stops working, too.

It's very handy while traveling. You can do it through OK GOOGLE or the Maps app, and just say the name or address. It will basically take you there. That's the best thing.

Beyond that, it's just easier than opening mobile Chrome. And you can launch most apps with it. Some apps are optimized for voice (Google) and you can say "make appointment" and then just say the time and place, or "start sleep" if you can't be bothered to just hit the Sleep As Android widget (I use the widget), or ask it absolutely anything that someone asks you. "How old is so-and-so?" And an immediate answer. "Closest pizza restaurant" and so on. You get used to it. "Call Dr. So-So." And it does it.

I don't think I will use Cortana like that because it's a PC. And Siri often says "I didn't understand that" on my iPad. (It was a freebie; I buy Android for mobile. But I do have access to IOS apps.)

Haven't tried Cortana, but it will need to go a long way to beat Google.

You do sacrifice privacy, but I figure we lost that a while ago. In for a penny, in for a pound.

rjm

Sent via my most phabulous phablet, the Galaxy Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress