Phone (Battery) Behaving In The Most Bizarre Way

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I've recently had battery issues, so I did full data resets, but still had issues.

I've only put back about 20 apps.

Yesterday, my battery lasted well over a day will average usage (for me). Not too much, but I used apps such as Waze (for hours), my browser, Gmail, Facebook, etc.

My battery was great. With 16% left and like 30 hours since charging, I opened my camera and the phone shut down. I plugged it in and it said I had 0% battery life...?

This morning (on a full charge), I've used 15% battery life in under 40 minutes and I'm projected to use up the whole thing in like 4 hours. How can that be?

It seems to be that my battery drains excessively fast while using the phone, and not at all when not.

Last night, I used Waze for 20 minutes and only used 2% of my battery.

Reading e-mail this morning, etc. has cost me like 10% battery life.

Why am I seeing such a dichotomy?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Not at all.

I baby my phone.

The other day, it wouldn't charge past 92%. I removed the battery and it's clean as can be, and it ran so well after that.

Now, not.

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not at all.

I baby my phone.

The other day, it wouldn't charge past 92%. I removed the battery and it's clean as can be, and it ran so well after that.

Now, not.

Posted via the Android Central App
Clean yes but is there any sign of swelling, does the outer coating feel detached from the battery when you squeeze it? It should feel solid, not squishy at all or make a noise like the outer lining is delaminated from the battery.

Last edited: