My New Note 4 is Awesome !!!

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Just got my new Note 4 several days ago (T-Mobile). Came preinstalled with 5.1.1. I've been using my Note 3 as my main computer (desktop bit the dust) since December, 2013, so almost two years. I'm keeping my Note 3.

So far, I am quite impressed with the Note 4. Running very smooth, faster than my Note 3, and (knock on wood ...) so far no glitches.

Had serious Bluetooth issues with my Note 3 (I have 14 Bluetooth devices). Have not had any problems with Bluetooth on my Note 4 (yet ...).

Battery life is pretty good, about the same as my Note 3 when it was brand new. I am going to get the ZeroLemon 10000mAh Extended Battery for my Note 4 soon .... Have been using the ZeroLemon 10000mAh Extended Battery in my Note 3 around 19 months which is awesome (can go for 1 1/2 - 2 days with medium use; 24 hours or more with heavy use).

I had to order a different Hub/Card Reader for my Note 4 since it only has USB 2.0. Transferring files via Bluetooth is a breeze, although very slow. S Beam will NOT transfer files from Note 3 to Note 4, and will only transfer files less than 1MB from Note 4 to Note 3, which will not work for me. I need to transfer files from my Note 3 to my Note 4 .....

Smart Switch does NOT work at all either way. So, I had to use the Bluetooth method for transferring files, until I get the new Card Reader/Hub for my Note 4, then I can connect my Samsung 1TB Hard Drive directly to my Note 4 (via the hub/card reader).

I like the new Navigation features on the Note 4. Camera is awesome, and much faster than the Camera on my Note 3, which lags terribly.

I really wanted the Note 5, but I need the Micro-SD Card Reader and removable battery. If Samsung does not bring back the sd card reader and removable battery, the Note 4 might be my last Samsung device ...

So far, these are the Bluetooth devices I've tested with my Note 4, with NO issues (yet ...): 1) Gear S smartwatch, 2) Logitech keyboard (full-sized), 3) Favi (mini keyboard), 4) Rii (mini keyboard), 5) Bludio headphones, 6) LuguLake speakers.

I would give the Note 4 a 10/10 +++. When I add the 128GB Micro-SD cards, to both my Note 3 (have only 64GB micro for now) and Note 4 (only have 8GB micro), and the ZeroLemon 10000mAh Extended Battery to my Note 4, I'll be cookin' on the front burner .....

Waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday for great prices on the 128GB Micro-SD cards .....

JP39208

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I hear ya. I almost wish I had gone with the Note 4 versus my Note Edge. I only recently found out the single antenna issue with the Edge versus the dual antenna of the Note 4 on the Verizon network.

I feel the same way though should Samsung not go back to the old style - SD card and removable battery, this will be my last Sammy as well.

This was my first Note device and I am ruined. I love it and my wife loves her note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I hear ya. I almost wish I had gone with the Note 4 versus my Note Edge. I only recently found out the single antenna issue with the Edge versus the dual antenna of the Note 4 on the Verizon network.

I feel the same way though should Samsung not go back to the old style - SD card and removable battery, this will be my last Sammy as well.

This was my first Note device and I am ruined. I love it and my wife loves her note 4.

I didn't know that the Note 4 has dual antennas !

I saw the Edge at the T-Mobile store. Very nice !!! I would like to have a collection of many Samsung devices, but not in my budget. I'm happy with my Note 3 and Note 4, and my Gear S. If Samsung produces another Note with SD Card Reader and Removable Battery, I will most likely get that one too .....

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
How much did you get it for?

I got my Note 4 on sale. They waived the taxes and activation fee, with no money down at all. Walked out of the T-Mobile store with my new Note 4 and paid nothing. Monthly payments are slightly under $23/mo. Total cost around $570.00 (US). No contract.

JP39208

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I was looking for a reason my wife could use VOLTE on ST without being able to use Verizon's HD service. I found tech thread somewhere that made it clear. The Note 4 is the last Note for the Verizon branded phones - no HD activation required apparently.

I also got a nice deal on both of our phones as well. :)

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I got my Note 4 on sale. They waived the taxes and activation fee, with no money down at all. Walked out of the T-Mobile store with my new Note 4 and paid nothing. Monthly payments are slightly under $23/mo. Total cost around $570.00 (US). No contract.

I'd take you will pay $570 altogether.
I've had the Note 4. I was going to say that you shouldve considered getting something else like a nexus 6p. But I see you value removable battery and SD card alot. So then it makes it the right decision.

Although I think you should give something else a shot too. Samsung Note 4 was my first Samsung phone. And after that I got the Galaxy S6. I'm a Samsung fan too now.

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I ham having one to my note 4 as well. Removable battery and IR blaster are a must for me. 32g or 64g storage suits my needs due to Spotify and Google photos cloud service.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So OP, you have been using the Note3 as your Desktop PC replacement for a couple years? Isn't that a bit stressful on the eyes?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Another neat feature of the 4 (and the 3 had it too, BUT the 5 dropped it) is the IR remote blaster. That is your device can control just about ANY TV. Never have to worry about a missing remote, plus its loads of fun in public places. I used to LOVE to take control of the TV and watch people's faces as I quietly changed the channels. ;)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the N910V. What's the difference ?

Originally Tmo was selling the N910T and not to long ago it was noted that the stores were selling the N910T3 version. No body is for sure what difference hardware wise is but software wise the T3 came with 5.1.1 and a lot of people reported having less or no problems with the T3 variant.
I my self held out buying a Note 4 till i could get a T3.
People with N910T units complained about connectivity issues, BT issues, poor battery life and general performance issues. Most people had one or two but not all of the same issues.
But the T3 units seemed to have corrected those so it might just be the 5.1.1 software OR Samsung made a change during manufacturing and updated something in the hardware plus updated the software to 5.1.1.. I personally wish i knew for sure if the hardware was modified. But i am happy i waited for a T3 unit.

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I'd take you will pay $570 altogether.
I've had the Note 4. I was going to say that you shouldve considered getting something else like a nexus 6p. But I see you value removable battery and SD card alot. So then it makes it the right decision.

Although I think you should give something else a shot too. Samsung Note 4 was my first Samsung phone. And after that I got the Galaxy S6. I'm a Samsung fan too now.

Also, I really like the S Pen ! That is one of the greatest features that convinced me to invest in the Note 3. I'm using the S Pen even more now than before. Took lots of notes today at work with myj S Pen. I just discovered that I can even email my S Pen Notes to share with others .....

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
So OP, you have been using the Note3 as your Desktop PC replacement for a couple years? Isn't that a bit stressful on the eyes?

Actually, no, not too stressful on my eyes. I have my Note 3/4 set up right in front of me, with a full-sized Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard to use with my Note 4, and several mini-Bluetooth Keyboards to use with my Note 3.

I also have been connecting my Note 3 to my Acer 23-inch monitor, which is really nice ! Haven't connected my Note 4 to my monitor yet. Might give it a try today and watch a movie, or YouTube videos .....

Hopefully soon I will fix my Mac Pro Desktop computer soon .... I fried the mother board when I cleaned it really good. I was using my ancient iBook G4 laptop until around two months ago, when the internal HD bit the dust. I just need to have my friend install a new HD on the iBook G4, but it's not good for the Internet anymore. Does go online still, but much too slow. I used it mostly for typing up family history, and archiving my email and other important files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sergihf10