frustrating problem where the phone is lagging/restarting with sim card inserted.

nguyen3706

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Let me start off by saying that this issue started back at the beginning of Dec 2015. I've had the phone since winter 2014, and for a year, it was the most amazing phone ever. However, one day as mentioned beginning in dec 2015, the phone began running extremely slow and was restarting frequently. I assumed it was a just a OS issue, and so I did a system factory reset. However, the problem persisted even after a reset and cache clearing. So I called up Samsung, and then told me to send in the phone to get looked at. Since then...I have sent in the phone 4 times to get looked and each time, Samsung has said there is no issue pretty much. I've tried phone with different new batteries, and the same problem still occurs.
The oddest thing that I've noticed with this issue is the phone runs smoothly and flawlessly, when there is no SIM card inserted. But, as soon as I insert my At&T sim card into the phone, all the lagging/restarting issues occur. It's been a frustrating 3 months trying to deal with issue, and i'm at the point where i'm throwing in the towel and calling it quits on trying to fix this phone that costed me so much money.
At&t reps were clueless when I brought this issue to them today, and told me to call samsung....even though samsung says at this point it's a network provider issue and that I bring it to At&t. I've googled this issue and couldn't find anything on this. Posting on here is my last ditch effort, and if anyone knows anything that can, I would very much appreciate it. If not, i'll prob buy a new phone out of pocket.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
When you did the factory reset, did you opt back in to automatic backup and restore or did you have to manually install apps again (not to be confused with manually setting up home screen icon/widget placement )?

Does the phone still act up in safe mode?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer