My note 4 is overheating and drains too fast when used

yui548

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
For some time now my Note 4 always gets hot when I use it for a short time even with apps that don't use that much battery.

1. Before I noticed that the battery decreased at a fast rate even when not being used. I would wake up in the morning and see that it decreased around 20%. Normally it would only be around 5%. I opened in Safe Mode and my phone was fine so they said it was a 3rd party app. I tried uninstalling some apps which use lots of battery but it wasn't fixed. When I was in airplane mode I noticed my battery didn't decrease as fast when not in use.

2. After some time I don't know what happened but if my phone is not in use the battery didn't decrease as fast but it still decreased at an abnormal rate if I use it. When I wake up in the morning it will have decreased around 6-8% only. However even now it still overheats when I use it even for a short time.

3. Solutions online say it must be because of a third party app but I don't know why my phone would be alright if in airplane mode. And I have no idea why my phone would suddenly be okay even when I didn't do anything. To repeat, if my phone is not in use the battery doesn't really decrease at a fast rate but when I use it even for simple apps, the rate it decreases is unusually fast.

4. I have tried uninstalling some apps but it still doesn't work. I think my only solution left is to factory reset but I don't want to do that except as a last resort. Is this really because of an app? Or is just because of the natural deterioration of my phone? But I don't think that can be it because it seems like the problem arose all of a sudden.

Also, it seems when my phone over heats, it always starts at the upper half, not necessarily at the bank so they said it might not be the battery.

Sorry if it's so long. I just wanted to make sure it can be understood. I want to know what solutions I have.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It might be an app that is continually trying to stay connected to the internet. That would explain why when in Airplane mode you see better battery performance. It could also be a poorly written app.

Since the phone operates better in Safe mode, it would have to be a 3rd party app. You could try uninstalling every non stock app. However, I think a reset is probably the better way to go.

Rowlette

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest try 360 Security or like to wipe/clean/stop apps. It will show you which apps that are draining your Phone. It and others can be found in the Google App Store.

I Comatoast

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
What the heck do you have running on your phone that is making your phone so hot? Try turning some of those apps in the background off. Your note 4 do have a widget call "Active Apps!" drag that to the screen and use that to close any running apps that shows up on there every time you're not using your phone so they don't keep running. Also go through your settings and try turning off some of the features that you have no use for or disable them if it's safe to do so without causing some other apps to crash.

ermitico

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Try a system cache wipe, that will likely fix it. I had the same issue on mine and a system cache wipe cleared it up.

Instructions:
Turn your phone off
Press Power, Volume Up and Home simultaneously
Wait until the phone vibrates and then release Power and Home
You should now see the recovery screen.
If you see the Android on its back with a red exclamation mark, hold Power and press Volume Up to enter the recovery mode menu.
Use the volume buttons to move and select Wipe Cache Partition.
Press the Power button to confirm.
Select Reboot System Now and again, hit Power to confirm

Beezus261092

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my Note 4 so I changed batteries and download DU Battery Saver and it has since stopped over heating and also it lasts me the whole day like it's brand new again.

mandroid747

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Try a system cache wipe, that will likely fix it. I had the same issue on mine and a system cache wipe cleared it up.

Instructions:
Turn your phone off
Press Power, Volume Up and Home simultaneously
Wait until the phone vibrates and then release Power and Home
You should now see the recovery screen.
If you see the Android on its back with a red exclamation mark, hold Power and press Volume Up to enter the recovery mode menu.
Use the volume buttons to move and select Wipe Cache Partition.
Press the Power button to confirm.
Select Reboot System Now and again, hit Power to confirm
I also wanted to try this method but I wasn't sure if it would delete any of my data (pictures, songs, etc). Please reply!

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Where do I get exchange server info?

I would call Samsung, because what I'm using now on the Note 4, which seemed to be an automatic setup is different than what I had for the Note 2 and the LG V10 that were burning up.

outlook.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

Use SSL
Use Client Certificate not checked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty