Are we alowed to discuss jailbreaking note 4's?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok "rooting". TY spook. Anyone know a good rooting process and software? TYIA

A good place to start would be XDA (Galaxy Note 4 General). That seems to be where all the developers and programmers hang out.

Know EXACTLY what model Note 4 you have (there is a handfull of models and submodels, covering both Snapdragon CPU and Exynos CPU bases, and following the steps from the wrong one WILL cause problems, up to and including hard bricking [dead] your device.

I recommend before you do anything to it, to also get all files and directions to roll it back to stock, in case something doesn't work for whatever reason.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
A good place to start would be XDA (Galaxy Note 4 General). That seems to be where all the developers and programmers hang out.

Know EXACTLY what model Note 4 you have (there is a handfull of models and submodels, covering both Snapdragon CPU and Exynos CPU bases, and following the steps from the wrong one WILL cause problems, up to and including hard bricking [dead] your device.

I recommend before you do anything to it, to also get all files and directions to roll it back to stock, in case something doesn't work for whatever reason.

I second this.
I'm fairly tech savvy; however, I've had no rooting experience prior to this.

Read the threads carefully, and follow every instruction down to the "T."

Good luck and happy rooting.

mrdozzy

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I have rooted my note 4 but i want to unroot it as to be getting latest OTA updates..
I NEED A FREE LINK OF WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THE STOCK ROM.. N910CXX

Posted via the Android Central App

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have rooted my note 4 but i want to unroot it as to be getting latest OTA updates..
I NEED A FREE LINK OF WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THE STOCK ROM.. N910CXX

For starters, we answer questions because we enjoy helping people out. Some of us get PAID to do this kind of work as our day jobs, or even to help make ends meet. That said, when you act so demanding, nobody wants to deal with that. Come in my shop with that attitude about you, and I would make sure you end up a low priority for the day.
You rooted your device w/out making sure you had a backup plan to get back to stock.

I suggest you spend some time over at XDA (you'll find the link above) where they have all of this information laid out for you, if you just take a moment of YOUR time to look for it. They are all quite knowledgable

But I'm feeling generous with my time tonight, so here ya go.
Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

mrdozzy

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
For starters, we answer questions because we enjoy helping people out. Some of us get PAID to do this kind of work as our day jobs, or even to help make ends meet. That said, when you act so demanding, nobody wants to deal with that. Come in my shop with that attitude about you, and I would make sure you end up a low priority for the day.
You rooted your device w/out making sure you had a backup plan to get back to stock.

I suggest you spend some time over at XDA (you'll find the link above) where they have all of this information laid out for you, if you just take a moment of YOUR time to look for it. They are all quite knowledgable

But I'm feeling generous with my time tonight, so here ya go.
Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

Thanks though.... Please am just a beginner.. Please help me still on how to back my phone up should incase i change to another device

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
What OTA? This is pretty much the last stop for the Note 4...

The only reason why I bothered rooting in the first place was to get more updates. Haha.

The only was I see myself going back to stock is if I buy a Note 7.

Good luck getting back to stock.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress