Note 4 overheating after 2 min and rebboting again and again

talshaulov

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello
I have my note 4 for quite some time now and it recently started to turn off at a very high battery percentage (85%, 80%) and later it started to overheat really quick and turn off. i opened it and seen that the battery got swollen i bought a new one today and after putting it in it happened again but the strange part is that the heat didnt come from the battery it came from the sim and sd card area. Is it happened to anyone before and if so can u advise me on what to do? thank you and best regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Also, if you have an SD card inserted, Unmount it (in Settings>Storage) and remove it, in case it's corrupt. A corrupt card (or a corrupt file on the card) can cause overheating (often because the system's Mediaserver is hung up trying to scan the corrupt file).

talshaulov

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Ok, thank you ill try it and a quick follow up if i do have an SD card how do i find the corrupt file and delete it? is there like a diagnostic PC program that i can use to find the corrupt file for me and delete it?

talshaulov

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I tried running it on cmd and it said no files were corrupt and i tried just for comparrison to boot up the phone without the sd card same problem it works for 2, 3 minutes and it gets really hot and the screen freezes and starting to reboot it again and again so im ending up taking out the battery to turn it off

talshaulov

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I booted up using safe mode same thing happened i didnt even got to the Application manager the same problem occurred it got hot it froze and started to booting again and again and to turn it off i took out the battery

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87