The next S-Pen! (S-Pen lovers unite, and give some feedback)

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Surprised to see that no one created a thread about the S-Pen, since you know it's one of the features that separates the Note line from other smartphones.

What do you expect in terms of technical changes on the pen, on the upcoming Note 5?

For me it's :

1) Changes to the design of the top of the pen. Would be great to have a button on top of the pen to open a document to either sketch/write/take notes of something. (Similar to SP3 One Note, would be nice this button would be customizable for people who use evernote,one note and so on)

2) A better material to to improve the person's grip on the pen (friends of mine who sweat a lot from their hands have this issue9

And last but not least, a easier way for people to acquire the pen's tips on the market.. Yeah you can get it from E-Bay but not everyone likes to order online or from a open marketplace (not my case)

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I hate the changes made to the S Pen functions by 5.0 Lollipop ������������

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

I agree. I don't understand why they have to eliminate and change things so much. I can hardly stand to look at my phone anymore. As a result of the horrible lollipop update, I don't use the pen as much because of the new menu. I used to use S Note, and Action Memo all the time as well, but I've also stopped using those. I'm not saying they aren't good ideas. I'm just sick of having to start over all the time to accommodate Samsung's latest whim. Anyway, I don't really care about the next S pen iteration, because I just don't use it as much as I did with Kitkat. The writing recognition is much worse with Lollipop. It's just too much trouble to write. I guess I shouldn't have responded since I'm an ex-s pen lover.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I don't understand why they have to eliminate and change things so much. I can hardly stand to look at my phone anymore. As a result of the horrible lollipop update, I don't use the pen as much because of the new menu. I used to use S Note, and Action Memo all the time as well, but I've also stopped using those. I'm not saying they aren't good ideas. I'm just sick of having to start over all the time to accommodate Samsung's latest whim. Anyway, I don't really care about the next S pen iteration, because I just don't use it as much as I did with Kitkat. The writing recognition is much worse with Lollipop. It's just too much trouble to write. I guess I shouldn't have responded since I'm an ex-s pen lover.

They destroyed my favorite - Scrapbook! I used to use it every day! Now it's useless!

Koko On

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Wow, this is so weird, I have the lollipop update and my s menu is still the same as on KitKat, nothing about the s pen really changed with it. I hope the n5 doesn't damage the expectations the n4 has created for me

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The S-Pen on the Note 3 was not a great tactile design but was the best that could be done to fit I guess.

The pen on the Note 4's I tried on KitKat, while physically the same, wrote a lot more fluidly perhaps because of the hi res screen.

But now, while thinking of still buying a Note 4, I am totally confused as to what Lollipop has done.

I got that Scrapbook disappeared on the Note 3 and presumably 4 (from _Joe).

Anyway, I will compare the Note 5 with the S6 Plus when they are announced, and forget about the pen I didn't use on the Note 3.

Getting less excited by the minute!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 187629View attachment 187630

Looks like it will be a press to eject s-pen
Are those accurate renditions?
Looks nicely finished in metallic, obviously, and the black end with the name smartens it up, but I imagine it's the same size and thin flat feel.

Anyhow - an improvement in looks, and it will have more abilities apparently.

Still not enough to get 600 - 900 squidgies out of me.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Are those accurate renditions?
Looks nicely finished in metallic, obviously, and the black end with the name smartens it up, but I imagine it's the same size and thin flat feel.

Anyhow - an improvement in looks, and it will have more abilities apparently.

Still not enough to get 600 - 900 squidgies out of me.

I believe I read an article claiming the top color will match the phone body color. That would be a nice touch.
As far as the S pen, I would like to see much more in the way of functions it can accomplish. I really don't care what it looks like, it is a tool I use 99.99 percent of the time so for me, functionality is the real deal.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Afraid of the ejecting system, sounds like something that can be easily broken.

I actually enjoy the current system that we've been using with Note 3 and 4 and so on.

Hmm, but either way. Let's wait for the official reveal.. I'm even more curious about the pressure if it's gonna be also 2048.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11