wifi calling (t mobile )

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I have t-mobile and they have a native wifi calling setup. That's great, but when turned on it shows an icon in the notification bar/tray. Not a big deal for some but for me I like a clean notification bar. Does anyone know how to get rid of that constant notification?

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I have t-mobile and they have a native wifi calling setup. That's great, but when turned on it shows an icon in the notification bar/tray. Not a big deal for some but for me I like a clean notification bar. Does anyone know how to get rid of that constant notification?

I don't know of a way to turn it off. Personally, I prefer to know if WiFi calling is on, it is the last choice I want to use and only use it if I am where I have WiFi and cell signal is bad.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you want to use it ? It's a question to all actually. I don't know enough about it to have an opinion , I just assume it was better. ..

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It isn't any better and if your WiFi is having problems your calls will. I don't need it, I have good signal. There is no advantage to me using it and it would be just another unnecessary drain on my WiFi when it isn't needed.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
you guys are on t-mobile? does your wifi calling actually work? Every time I try and connect i don't get any information that it is connected but when I goto the wifi calling menu It says "reg99 - unable to connect" calling t-mobile hasn't helped as they tried everything on their end. Putting the sim card into another phone and the other phone connected to wifi calling no problem.

steelernole

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile and WiFi calling works. I made a call at the mall this morning and I just finished another here at home. Make sure your 911 address is listed. Mines started working after T-Mobile rep put my 911 address on.

Last edited:

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i've updated my 911 address they have sent push downloads to the sim card, had me factory reset the phone, had me do a cache clear on the phone and still nothing. It's been since last wednesday now. I went to a tmobile store today and a representative told me that it is a known issue and they would be releasing an update to fix it. I don't know how true that is though.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
i have t-mobile and have been using wifi calling with the note 5 without any problems. my note 2 would frequently ask me to update my 911 address, though. sometimes, even after updating it, it still wouldn't make wifi calls.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you want to use it ? It's a question to all actually. I don't know enough about it to have an opinion , I just assume it was better. ..

I have great t-mobile signal at my home and in my neighborhood. So don't see any reason to use it. Good for me since I use lots of unbranded devices so it would have sucked if signal was bad.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk